Whether you’re a prepper or not, learn these urban survival skills now and increase your odds of survival, today or in the future!
In this article:
- Open a Can Barehanded
- Cook the Old-Fashioned Way
- Survive a Fight
- Tampon Hacks for Urban Survival
- Unexpected Urban Survival Tricks
- Pointers from the Modern Age
- Grow Your Own Food for Survival
- Use a Tin Can in Every Possible Way
- Make Tea for Vitamin C
- Escape a Shooting for Urban Survival
- Get Rid of a Tail for Survival
- Make a Long-Lasting Flashlight
- Fix Your Bugout Bag for Urban Survival
- Prepare Survival Food
- Make Water Safe to Drink for Survival
- Light Up the Darkness with a Can of Tuna
- Turn a Battery into a Firestarter
- Defend Your Home from Invaders
- Resurrect Dead Batteries
- Repurpose Soda Cans
- Survive Anywhere in the World
- Get Out of a Dangerous Situation
- Exit a Car Before It Sinks
- Escape Zip Ties
- Practical Intelligence
- Live Through Winter
- Make Waterproof Firestarters
- Be Street-Smart
- Hide in Plain Sight
- Answering a Door Safely
- Stay Fit for Urban Survival
- Be Like Harry Houdini
- Know What to Expect
- Keep Your Cool on the Road
- Deal with Urban Terror
- Hunker Down in Your Car
- Save Yourself from an Active Shooter
Must-Have Urban Survival Skills Now Before It’s Too Late
1. Open a Can Barehanded
While can openers are accessible in multi-tools, you might still find yourself without one. So, to learn this can-opening trick using only your hands is one of the badass urban survival skills, indeed.
2. Cook the Old-Fashioned Way
View this post on Instagram
Know how to cook on an open fire, grill on top of a rock, and learn old cooking skills and recipes because the conveniences of today’s cooking might soon disappear.
3. Survive a Fight
With all the violence going on, you need to be ready for any attack. On that note, acquire urban survival skills which will help you survive a fight, or better yet, win.
4. Tampon Hacks for Urban Survival
Find out how to repurpose a sanitary item in ways you never imagined. In fact, this compact item can come in handy even in survival situations.
5. Unexpected Urban Survival Tricks
Besides tampon hacks, a woman’s purse contains items handy in an urban survival setting. Find out what they are here and how to use them for urban survival.
6. Pointers from the Modern Age
There are more lessons you can learn from today than ever before. Take time to know them so you can use them to your advantage.
7. Grow Your Own Food for Survival
If you aren’t into gardening, better start now because you can’t depend on the market once the economy collapses. Growing your own food will give you the reassurance you’ll survive one.
8. Use a Tin Can in Every Possible Way
Tin cans, soda cans, and beer cans — they all have amazing survival uses. In fact, their uses can work in an urban survival setting. You can fashion a stove with tin cans and soda cans make fine cutting tools, for instance.
9. Make Tea for Vitamin C
Boost your immune system by drinking hot tea you made yourself. This way you can survive cold winters whether you’re in or out of the city.
Breaking News Alert: Let’s face it Twitter and Facebook hate Conservatives. We need to ban together more than ever. Join PatriotPlanet.com Today and Let Your Voice Be Heard. We Will Not Suppress Your Political Content! Join Today!
10. Escape a Shooting for Urban Survival
A safety expert shows you how to get out alive when your workplace is under attack. Learn how to escape a shooting from any intruder.
11. Get Rid of a Tail for Survival
Stay alert on the road and think about how you can get rid of a tail. This can save your life or at least prevent anyone from following you.
12. Make a Long-Lasting Flashlight
A reliable light source may not always be available. So make sure you’re always prepared and ready if there’s a power outage.
13. Fix Your Bugout Bag for Urban Survival
Parts will break as you use your gear to the fullest. Learn how to fix them here so you keep your urban survival equipment safe and intact.
14. Prepare Survival Food
It is important and to have food which won’t go bad for a long time. One of the most important items in your urban survival essentials should be emergency food.
15. Make Water Safe to Drink for Survival
Having a WAPI ensures you won’t get dangerous microbes into your body. That’s why it is especially great for urban disaster survival.
16. Light Up the Darkness with a Can of Tuna
17. Turn a Battery into a Firestarter
Use electrical energy to light a fire. This is one of the best urban survival essentials you need to keep yourself warm and fed in any situation.
18. Defend Your Home from Invaders
Learn to protect your house and family from invaders. One of the essentials of urban survival prepping is establishing a safe home.
RELATED: What Is Urban Survival Syndrome?
19. Resurrect Dead Batteries
We live in an electronic world, so know how to get those gadgets to work. Your urban survival backpack should have a few extra batteries just in case.
20. Repurpose Soda Cans
Turning your garbage into very useful items is one of the best urban survival tips to remember. Don’t just throw them away but keep them and turn them into useful items, instead.
21. Survive Anywhere in the World
Here’s what you need to do when things get awry and you’re in a strange place.
22. Get Out of a Dangerous Situation
Find ways to get safely out of a hostage or terror scenario. This may be one of the most useful urban survival skills in an urban survival guide.
23. Exit a Car Before It Sinks
24. Escape Zip Ties
It’s not easy to break free from zip ties, or so you think. So, here is one of the practical urban survival tactics that books won’t teach you.
25. Practical Intelligence
Sometimes, all you need is to imagine out of the box or adjust to the situation. Approaching any situation with flexibility will help you get through anything, for sure.
26. Live Through Winter
Even when you’re indoors, the coldest season can be unforgiving so try to stay warm as best you could.
27. Make Waterproof Firestarters
28. Be Street-Smart
Learn all the skills necessary to get through a bad situation, starting with awareness. The best survival books will tell you being street-smart can be as good as book-smart.
29. Hide in Plain Sight
To any survivalist, the benefits of using camouflage no longer need to be discussed.
30. Answering a Door Safely
If you’re not careful, bad guys can invade your home from your front door. So, take these tips to answer your door safely, thus preventing intruder’ entry to your home.
31. Stay Fit for Urban Survival
Being in top shape is important if you want to make it through any survival situation. This is imperative in any urban survival books, indeed.
32. Be Like Harry Houdini
No one wants to be held captive so learn how to escape bound hands from the experts.
33. Know What to Expect
If you have an idea of what could happen in a certain place or condition, you are better equipped to survive.
34. Keep Your Cool on the Road
Don’t turn a simple trip into a life-and-death situation, so always try to stay calm on the road. This will help you approach any situation logically and in a safe manner.
35. Deal with Urban Terror
It has happened, and it’s still happening, so it’s best to learn how to deal with senseless violence.
36. Hunker Down in Your Car
Your personal transport does not have to be a tank or tricked-out zombie survival vehicle to help you get through the night.
37. Save Yourself from an Active Shooter
Hard as it is to accept, but we all need to learn how to handle this new kind of terror.
Watch this video from The Survival Outpost for urban survival tips in the concrete jungle:
Master these urban survival skills, and you might save your own or someone else’s life when society collapses. Take this list of urban survival skills so you can make every day a lot safer for you and your family.
Do you have your own set of urban survival skills? Mention them in the comments section below!
- High-Rise Survival: Building Evacuation Kit
- How to Survive the Cold Like a Navy SEAL
- DIY Survival: How To Make A Crossbow From Scratch [Video]
Go to our Survival Life Store to shop some of our favorites self-defense tools and gear!
**Disclaimer: All content on this site is for informational purposes only. Please read our full disclaimer here**
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on October 8, 2018, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.
- A Complete Guide To Campfire Cooking
- How to Survive an Avalanche | Emergency Preparedness
- New Year Tips | Survival Tips To Help You Ease Into 2021
- Walking On Ice Safety Tips | Winter Survival Safety Tips
- How To Melt Snow For Survival | 5 Ways
- Christmas Survival Guide | How to Survive Christmas
- BNA Guide to Coronavirus State Restrictions
Alternative Energy11 months ago
An Emergency Candle That Noah Would Be Proud Of
Do It Yourself4 months ago
82 Uses for Paracord That Will Surprise You
Do It Yourself11 months ago
A SHTF Plan For Your Pets | Bugging Out With Man’s Best Friend
Prepper Supplies1 month ago
Survival Gift Guide: Awesome Christmas Gifts for Preppers
Archives4 months ago
Hurricane Survival Tips: How to Survive Natural Disasters