Getting out of a high-rise is even safer with this building evacuation kit! Read on and find out the things you can rely on when the unexpected happens!
This Building Evacuation Kit Will Get You out Safely
Most of the buildings have an evacuation plan that can lead everyone on safer grounds. Building management posts visual images of floor plans to show residents where the emergency exits are as well as safety reminders during such situations. But when the initial plan falls apart, you need to have a ready-to-go emergency kit nearby. Having a kit with the right items can make a huge difference in getting out of a high-rise and avoiding injury or death. On that note, here are the things you need for your building evacuation kit.
1. Work Gloves
In the event of a building evacuation, having durable work gloves will protect your hands from broken glass or other sharp objects, hot door handles, etc. It will be very difficult to use other items on this list if your hands get injured.
- Textured, breathable spandex shell
- Synthetic palm
- Spandex reinforced thumb and saddle
2. Pry Tool
A pry tool is one of the most important things you need to have in a building evacuation kit. The main goal of an evacuation is to get out, and there can be scenarios where the exits are blocked because of jammed doors or fallen debris. Having a pry tool can help you open malfunctioning doors, break glass if needed, and remove debris preventing your path to safety.
- Zacro Professional Opening Pry Tool 18 Piece Kit for smart phone disassembly and repair
- Allows you to take apart your mobile devices without damage to the tablet or phone cover
- Includes 1 Metal Spudger,2 anti-static tweezer,1 Knife,3 Triangle Paddle,4 pry tools,6 Pry Tools Repair Open
There are a lot of people who don’t consider keeping a headlamp in their emergency kits, but in an event of a power outage or a thick fire, smoke makes it difficult for you to see and find the exit. In which case, you will need a good source of light.
Finding your way out would be even easier if you can still use both of your hands for other things like using a pry tool or helping someone in need. Headlamps can light your path to safety; and you can use your hands for other tasks.
- IT'S A [GAME CHANGER] - Forget about those cheap headlamps that use AA batteries... Those days are over! MsForce introduces the BRIGHTEST headlamp you have ever used! 3 Extremely High-Performance LED bulbs delivering 6000 Lumens beam (!) that will make sure you see way beyond anything you can find in a typical retail environment
- PROBLEM [SOLVED] - Quit struggling with a handheld flashlight that leaves you to work with just one hand. Be hands-free and enjoy those little moments when it is so much easier and comfortable to use both your hands.
- FIND YOUR [FIT]: Super adjustable system bands will provide maximum comfort. MsForce headlamp comes in a solidly built and water resistant casing; it weighs a little more than a half lb. that balances perfectly between the front and back of your head. Actually, after a couple of minutes you'll even stop noticing you are wearing it... and the best part is that the LED bulbs are attached to a pivot mount, enabling you to point your light up to 90 degrees in whichever direction you want.
A bandana is just a small, light item but it is a significant part of any emergency kit because it can help you out in a time of crisis. It can be used as a sling, a tourniquet, a bandage, and a dust or smoke mask that can aid in your respiration. Not only that, you can also use it to signal others who might be searching for you.
5. Safety Googles
It can be really hard to see the way when the smoke gets in your eyes. That is why having safety goggles with anti-fog and anti-scratch coating in your building evacuation kit is favorable. They can protect your eyes from smoke or any kind of debris, which can hinder you from finding your way out of the premises.
- DeWalt tough coat hard coated lens provides tough protection against scratches
- DeWalt XtraClear anti-fog lens coating provides tough protection against fogging
- Soft, dual injected rubber conforms to the face to provide a high level protection from dust and debris
6. Fire Blankets
One of the essentials you must not forget in your building evacuation kit is a fire blanket. It can help you get out safely in the event of a fire. You can put out a fire or easily douse the flame when an individual’s clothes catch fire. Also, these blankets are strong enough to transport someone by putting dragging or lifting them to safety.
- Emergency survival fire blanket ideal for the kitchen, fireplace, grill, car, camping and so on
- Extinguish various types of fire by suffocating it, including liquid and grease fire
- Can also be used to wrap around your body and act as a heat shield
7. Signaling Device
When escape is impossible, you need a signaling device so someone can rescue you immediately. You can use a flare and wave it outside the window to signal for help or a whistle to alert rescuers of your location. Use what you deem is necessary for the situation.
- LOUDER: 130dB attack alarm with push button activation and concealed OFF button
- PURSE / BAG / KEY RING CLIP: Key ring with purse / bag / backpack clip - the ultimate personal protection alarm to carry on your purse or backpack. It is the #1 Vigilant alarm for attaching to your keys.
- BACK-UP WHISTLE : Backup emergency manual whistle built-in for emergency use in case of battery failure
Watch this video from Tech Insider and find out the quickest way to get out of a high-rise in emergency situations!
When you’re in a high-rise building and an emergency situation occurs, the first thing you need to do is evacuate. But if you find yourself in a position where everything you practiced is thrown out the window, having a building evacuation kit is a lifesaver. There might be instances when you can’t open an exit door there is a fire creeping into the hallway preventing your escape. The items on this list will assist you in evacuating the building in various emergency events. So don’t think twice about making your own evacuation kit because safety should always be a top priority. Stay safe!
Do you already have a building evacuation kit? What are items included? Share us your list in the comments below!
Last update on 2018-04-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API