Zip ties are cheap and easy to come by, making them a very popular option when it comes to effectively restraining a human being. These things are no joke! So, we though it might be important to teach our readers how to escape from them.
You might think you could easily break free of these plastic handcuffs, but once you’re in the restraint, you’re pretty much stuck. Unless, you know a couple of secret evasion techniques.
Check out the step-by-step instructions below for getting out of some insane situations that result in your arrest or kidnapping.
Method 1: Pop The Lock
- The first method is similar to escaping duct tape.
- When you are getting zip-tied, make sure you keep your elbows together and bend forward.
- Next, you need to have the lock in the middle of your hands. This allows you to pop the lock, later. If the lock is not in the middle of your hands, you need to maneuver it, or use your teeth to reposition the lock.
- Put your hands over the head, come down past your hips out to the side. The lock will pop right off.
- Obviously, not everyone can do this method because everyone has different strengths.
Method 2: Slip Out
According to this Buzzfeed video above, you can also do the following:
- Place hands together with palms clenched
- Maintain tension as zip-tie is tightened
- Turn palms so they are facing each-other
- Shimmy them back and forth until you’re free
Method 3: Use Friction
- This second method is similar to escaping rope by using paracord.
- Just like with escaping rope, thread the paracord through your hands. Create a loop at both ends of the rope.
- Place the loops around your feet and lay on your back. Go through the bicycle motion. The paracord should pop off almost immediately.
- Zip ties should never be able to intimidate you again. Have you used a different method? We would love to hear it in the comments below.
Check out these related articles:
Like this post?
Be sure to like us on Facebook so you can be the first to know about latest survival tips and off the grid living skills.
- Are You Prepared? 2020 Winter Holiday Travel Prep Tips
- 37 Urban Survival Skills To Master Before SHTF
- 11 Uncommon Aluminum Foil Survival Uses
- Deer Hunting For Beginners: How To Get Started
- How To Prepare For Lockdown 2.0
- What To Prepare For In 2021: 4 Things To Prioritize
- 14 Rare Medical Preps Every Prepper Should Stock Up On NOW
Alternative Energy9 months ago
An Emergency Candle That Noah Would Be Proud Of
Do It Yourself2 months ago
82 Uses for Paracord That Will Surprise You
Do It Yourself9 months ago
A SHTF Plan For Your Pets | Bugging Out With Man’s Best Friend
Archives2 months ago
Hurricane Survival Tips: How to Survive Natural Disasters
Family9 months ago
You Asked For It: Nana’s Biscuits Recipe