The world, as we know it, is changing each day in an effort to slow or combat the spread of COVID-19.
As the general public shrugs off social distancing and starts stockpiling then goes about their lives, many Americans are left wondering: am I really ready?
Here’s a great prepper supplies list to make sure you’re “really ready.”
Getting Ready and Prepping Supplies
With new restrictions each day and “stay-at-home” orders are imminent, many of us have been left reeling from the sudden changes. As a whole, we are not well-prepared for a global pandemic. Instead of panicking, it’s time to get organized.
In addition to food and water, it is critical that you start prepping supplies now before it’s too late.
Even if funds are tight, essential supplies can be purchased secondhand. Choose quality over quantity whenever possible.
A few things to keep in mind as you gather and prep supplies:
- Be prepared for two weeks of self-reliance.
- Be ready to leave your home at any time.
- Learn how to use your gear; otherwise, they’ll be worthless.
Prepper Supplies List: The Basics
So you have money in the bank and you’re ready to run to Home Depot and the gun store, but what exactly are you looking for? Hopefully, you’ve already stocked up on paper goods, soap and sanitizers, food, and water.
Next on the list are:
- Matches, lighters, fire starters
- Candles, lanterns, headlamps, and flashlights
- A comprehensive medical kit
- A solar charger and batteries
- Body armor, firearms, ammunition
- A comprehensive tool kit
Your tool kit, at a minimum, should include:
- Work gloves
- Zip ties
- Duct tape
Don’t Forget These, Too
Our minds naturally think of basic survival needs like food and water and then safety as priorities, but mental health will also become an issue over time. If power and Internet outages are a concern, access to information will be, too, which is just as important in your list of daily needs.
- Gather important documents and store them in a safe and accessible place (ideally a safe). Don’t just include the deed to your house and your birth certificate; make sure you have maps and recent photos of family members.
- Write down phone numbers and addresses you might need access to, like family members, local hospitals, fire department, police, etc.
- Keep games, books, and toys on-hand so everyone can still be entertained during the quarantine or lockdown.
Prepper Supplies List for Your “Go Bag”
If you have to leave your home in a hurry, you will want to be prepared. Building an effective and properly stocked Go Bag takes time and a lot of thought, but it can be a lifesaver and a hugely important time-saver if many people are leaving their homes at once.
Choose a bag that is easy to carry and lightweight, and then make sure you have:
- Small first aid kit
- Water and canteen
- Water filter, purification tablets, and/or LifeStraw
- Ready-to-eat food
- Flashlight or lantern
- Knife and multi-tool
- Twine, cord, or rope
- Small tarp
- Waterproof pen and paper
- Cash and important documents
- Toilet paper
- Soap and sanitizer
- Nail clippers
- Practical clothing: hat, socks, shirt, pants, underwear, jacket, bandana
- Bags: both trash and Ziplocs of different sizes
- Photos of family members
- Sport Type: Multi-Sport
Know Your Gear
If you don’t know how to use your gear, learning the moment you need it will not be fun. You may waste a lot of supplies as you familiarize yourself with how to best use them.
Before you need them, watch videos online, read up on techniques, and handle each item in the comfort of your home. Make sure every family member who will need to use the supplies is also comfortable and familiar with them.
Don’t show panic when discussing plans with family members. Bear in mind that you are preparing early so there’s no need to lose your cool.
Do note, though, that everyone will work together better and productively if everyone is calm. Plus, the coronavirus infects people with weak immune systems so getting stressed won’t help.
Be confident in your gear and emergency stockpile and start prepping supplies now. So when the time comes, you are ready and able to handle whatever comes your way!
Last update on 2021-09-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- WL 356: 7 Challenges For Tactical Mindset Mastery [PODCAST]
- WL 350: 8 Survival Lessons From The “Soldiers Of The Future” [PODCAST]
- 10 Alternative Energy Sources You Can Use Today
- Best Camping Table Ideas 2021
- 4 Keys To Close Combat “Power Kicking” [PODCAST]
- Disaster Survival Kits
- Where to Get the Best Survival Training
Cooking4 months ago
21 Savory Campfire Recipes For Delicious Meals Outdoors
Camping3 months ago
26 Badass Camping Hacks For Your Next Trip
Security4 months ago
8 Unusual Booby Traps To Protect Your Home
Do It Yourself7 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Water Purification8 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still