If you thought you were going to run to the store to get your disinfectant and hand sanitizer, think again!
Here’s a shot from Walmart today:
It’s no surprise that supplies went FAST.
Rubbing alcohol, disinfectant spray, cleaning wipes, and hand sanitizer gel are selling out across the country as people prepare for the increasing number of people that are infected with the coronavirus.
Why someone would even venture out to the store at this point is beyond me.
As the number of asymptomatic cases continues to grow, your best bet is to stay inside.
You especially want to avoid any high traffic areas like Costco, Target and of course, the pharmacy. The last place you want to be is next to anybody picking up some medication at CVS.
Although good old fashioned hand washing and basic preventative measures are some of the best ways to keep you and your family safe, what can you do when the stores are out?
Go back to the basics and make your own DIY hand sanitizer.
Here is the simplest DIY hand sanitizer recipe:
- 2 parts 91% isopropyl alcohol (You probably have this in your home first aid kit already)
- 1 part aloe vera gel
If you’d like, you can add water to create a spray or add essential oils for a better smell.
Breaking News Alert: Let’s face it Twitter and Facebook hate Conservatives. We need to ban together more than ever. Join PatriotPlanet.com Today and Let Your Voice Be Heard. We Will Not Suppress Your Political Content! Join Today!
The CDC recommends that any homemade hand sanitizer solution contain 60%-95% alcohol.
What if you don’t have any rubbing alcohol?
These items have disinfectant properties and have been used for centuries to clean:
- Witch Hazel
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- White Vinegar
Use these in lieu of alcohol when you’re out.
Just as it’s important to make sure your homemade hand sanitizer has the right amount of alcohol in order to disinfect, it’s also important to make sure you’re using it properly.
Again, basic handwashing is the #1 way to avoid becoming infected or spreading this disease.
- What You Really Need to Worry About with the Coronavirus
- SANITATION: How To Stay Clean, Stay Healthy, Survive Coronavirus
- What Coronavirus Does and How To Make Sure You’re Prepared
- 20 Edible Wild Plants You Can Forage For Survival
- 5 Ways How Bolt Cutters Can Be Useful During Emergencies
- How To Turn Your Bug Out Bag Into A Minimalist Backpack
- Best Ham Radio | Top Choices To Amateur Radios You Can Use
- 9 Prepper Supply Items You Can Buy At Costco
- Winter First Aid Guide | Surviving The Cold Weather
- Ice Fishing 101 | Everything You Need To Know
Do It Yourself2 weeks ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Self Sufficiency2 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still
Do It Yourself4 weeks ago
Knifemaking: Make A Knife From An Old Wrench
Do It Yourself5 months ago
82 Uses for Paracord That Will Surprise You
Knife Reviews2 months ago
Survival Knives | Ultimate List