Homemade weapons are actually pretty badass and they come in handy when you have no weapons left in your arsenal. Improvised weapons are great against an intruder or attacker. But if the situation really calls for it though, these homemade weapons would be handy. Homemade but badass weapons are great non-firearm weapons when you need to improvise. Check out the updated list below to see the top 14 picks of homemade weapons!
14 Badass Homemade Weapons To Add To Your Arsenal
1. PVC Pipe Compound Bow
Get all raw and basic with your skills by making your own compound bow. Bows and arrows are badass weapons but they can be pretty expensive. But this DIY project does not put a strain on your wallet as it can be made from inexpensive, readily available materials.
2. Homemade Pepper Spray
Pepper sprays are for everyone because it is convenient to carry and can protect you when SHTF. Just spray it in the face of the attacker and escape the situation instantly to call for backup or help. These homemade self-defense weapons are easy to make. This pepper spray may become one of your personal favorites, check it out here.
3. Multifunction Pocket Tool
If you’re looking for very convenient homemade weapons then you need these bad boys. Other than being weapons, multifunction pocket tools also help you with your everyday tasks. They’re the perfect life hacks! You can easily make and customize these DIY pocket tools to fit your specific need.
- Full length of 18CM (7inch)
- Blade length 8CM (3.1inch)
- Handle length 11CM (4.3inch)
4. Pump Action Rocket GunLooking for homemade guns or improvised firearms? This inexpensive rocket gun is a fun project and a cool item to have around. The DIY is very simple and relatively cheap as well. The entire project, including a bunch of ammo, could easily be made for around $20.
- ARE YOU PREPARED TO COUNTER AN ATTACK? Preparing yourself now by practicing simple techniques and carrying a simple tool, could save your life. Fast Strike Defense has designed the best simple, non-lethal and easy to use WHIP on the market. The Fast Strike tactical whip deploys in a fraction of a second, allows the user to strike fast and deliver multiple strikes in rapid succession.
- KNOW YOUR WEAPON: BLACK COLOR, GEN2 is easy to use, requires no special training or special techniques, can be used by Woman or Men. The Fast Strike whip has an overall length 17" long, has a flexible spring steel cable with a 1\4" Stainless Steel rounded striking end and a heavy duty handle with clip. Clip can be adjusted for left or right carry and the handle can be used for close quarter situations.
- THE BEST OPTION FOR EVERYDAY CARRY: Everyone needs to be thinking about personal EDC options. Whether you are walking your dog, going to the gym, riding your bike, and walking across the parking lot or school campus. The Fast Strike whip is a much better option than knives, stun guns, fighting sticks, Tasers or expandable batons. Fast Strike can provide that extended distance, simplicity and force you need to get away safely.
5. Homemade Taser Gun
Hand-to-hand combat and a pepper spray aren’t the only survival options against an attacker. When talking about self-defense, some people tend to purchase a taser gun or a stun gun. That’s what most people think of buying when they want to have some protection or weapon they can easily use in an emergency situation. But instead of buying a taser gun, you can also make your own.
6. Primitive Club ToolIf stuck in the wilderness with limited resources, knowing how to make this tool could come in handy for your survival. This simple technique will quickly transform a few items into a very useful weapon and bring out the Ragnar Benson inside you!
- Blade Length: 3.37", handle 3.9" ,Best choice for outdoor exercises, traveling, camping etc.
- Blade is made of 7CR17 high carbon stee material, very sharp and durable to use
- Stonewashing and heating processing blade, the hardness is up to 58HRC
7. Homemade Bolt Action 12 Gauge
This homemade bolt action 12 gauge is one of the best homemade weapons you’ll come across. You can just imagine the power this awesome weaponry is packing. Although you can’t take it anywhere, this weapon is very reliable and can protect you from attackers or home intruders especially when SHTF. Homemade firearms like this air rifle do not need to be registered and never run out of ammo.
8. War Hammer
Other war hammer designs may be a bit more difficult to make because they require you to weld, drill, and file. This is one of the easier homemade weapons, and you need nothing more than a black pipe. It’s a simple design, and the name says it all. Don’t underestimate the power of the war hammer!
9. Saw Blade Tomahawk
As you can probably tell already, this is one unique homemade weapon. The name leaves little to the imagination when it comes to what this thing is made to do. Almost completely made with a couple pieces of wood, this saw blade Tomahawk is inexpensive to make if you have the right equipment.
- Folding Grappling Hook Ninja Gear
- Folding grappling hook inspired by ninjas
- Specially designed for compact, easy carrying
This particular flamethrower is made to fit in a normal backpack. With an air compressor, a diesel nozzle, a fuel tank, a hose, and some fittings, you’ll have a flamethrower! What’s more awesome about this homemade flamethrower is it can run on tiki torch fuel. You can buy one from Amazon.
This classic weapon is brought to another level with this DIY project. This giant trebuchet has an equally giant amount of power, making it capable of catapulting things with immense force. Since this project is pretty big, you can invite your buddies over to help you make an awesome trebuchet.
12. Homemade Landmine
You can actually make an airsoft landmine by using airsoft pellets. But since you’re making a landmine, be very, very careful. You might be making this one for fun but things can go badly for you and other people if you’re not careful enough.
13. Death Ray
Have an old television around? You can turn it into something way cooler than it’s former, dated identity with a few steps. With some simple disassembling, you can have 2000 degrees of heat to use for cooking, water sanitation, or just to burn things. You can actually use the screen of an old TV to make a death ray!
14. Pipe Gun
This is another one of the classic homemade weapons. Using a few items from your garage, you can make your own pipe gun. But remember it takes risk to make one, so please be careful. Don’t mindlessly test this pipe gun by shooting someone or something as it can potentially hurt you and other people.
Watch this video from Be Amazed for more homemade weapons!
You don’t always need firearms to feel safe. These homemade weapons are fine for home protection but you have to be extra careful in making these—especially when you are testing them. You can also use these homemade weapons for your outdoor survival trips. Remember these weapons are still dangerous even if they are homemade.
Do you know how to make homemade weapons? Tell us what you know by writing a comment below!
If you’re looking for useful survival gear you can’t make at home, check out the Survival Life Store!
Editor’s Note – This post was originally published on March 19, 2017 and has been updated for quality and relevancy.
Last update on 2018-09-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API