It’s hard to imagine building a compound bow because of its mechanical complexity as well as the materials needed. Now you can make one with this tutorial.
Craft Your Own Compound Bow From PVC Pipe
A bow makes a great survival weapon for both hunting and self defense. Bows are quiet weapons, allowing you to keep a low profile when SHTF. They’re relatively easy to shoot. Plus, in a disaster situation when ammo is scarce, a bow is a more practical and sustainable choice, since arrows can be reused and made out of found materials.
Today’s video tutorial will teach you how to make a DIY compound bow using a few materials you can pick up at your local hardware store. This is an inexpensive project you can complete in an afternoon, and this PVC bow is great for beginning shooters.
PVC Compound Bow Materials:
- 5 feet of 1-1/4″ sch 40 PVC pipe
- At least 32 inches of 1″ sch 40 PVC pipe
- At least 18 inches of 1/2″ sch 40 PVC pipe
- 1 container of PVC cement
- Hot glue gun
- 2 4.5″ pieces of 1/4-20 threaded rod
- 12 1/4-20 nuts
- 4 1/4″ nylon spacers
- 3 feet of 1/4″+ steel rod
- 1 roll of 9/16″ Venetian blind cord or similar
- Thread locker
- Spray paint
- Scrap of wood
Check out the video below for the full tutorial.
For awesome survival gear you can’t make at home, check out the Survival Life Store!
Itching for more DIY projects? Check out our tutorial on how to make a PVC bow stand.
- Surviving Global Warming [PODCAST]
- Hurricane Hacks Most Don’t Know!
- Back to Basics – Common Threats [PODCAST]
- Back to School Preparation | Prepping for a Safe Schoolyear
- Stages of a Disaster and Trigger Events [PODCAST]
- The Ultimate Pet Survival Kit
- Hurricane Preparedness with Crown Weather [PODCAST]
Cooking2 months ago
21 Savory Campfire Recipes For Delicious Meals Outdoors
Camping2 months ago
26 Badass Camping Hacks For Your Next Trip
Security3 months ago
8 Unusual Booby Traps To Protect Your Home
Do It Yourself5 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Water Purification7 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still