It’s hard to imagine building a compound bow because of its mechanical complexity as well as the materials needed. Now you can make one with this tutorial.
Craft Your Own Compound Bow From PVC Pipe
A bow makes a great survival weapon for both hunting and self defense. Bows are quiet weapons, allowing you to keep a low profile when SHTF. They’re relatively easy to shoot. Plus, in a disaster situation when ammo is scarce, a bow is a more practical and sustainable choice, since arrows can be reused and made out of found materials.
Today’s video tutorial will teach you how to make a DIY compound bow using a few materials you can pick up at your local hardware store. This is an inexpensive project you can complete in an afternoon, and this PVC bow is great for beginning shooters.
PVC Compound Bow Materials:
- 5 feet of 1-1/4″ sch 40 PVC pipe
- At least 32 inches of 1″ sch 40 PVC pipe
- At least 18 inches of 1/2″ sch 40 PVC pipe
- 1 container of PVC cement
- Hot glue gun
- 2 4.5″ pieces of 1/4-20 threaded rod
- 12 1/4-20 nuts
- 4 1/4″ nylon spacers
- 3 feet of 1/4″+ steel rod
- 1 roll of 9/16″ Venetian blind cord or similar
- Thread locker
- Spray paint
- Scrap of wood
Check out the video below for the full tutorial.
For awesome survival gear you can’t make at home, check out the Survival Life Store!
Itching for more DIY projects? Check out our tutorial on how to make a PVC bow stand.
- How To Fillet A Fish | Ways To Fillet Different Types Of Fish
- Building a Bug Out Bag: Big 6 New Prepper Mistakes [PODCAST]
- How To Make A War Hammer
- Survival Talks with Austin Lester and Kevin Estela: Lessons From Search and Rescue [PODCAST]
- Storm Safety Kit 101 | Everything You Need To Survive
- Danger Zone: 5 Ways to Get Out of a Dangerous Situation Alive [PODCAST]
- The Modern Economic Survival Mindset [PODCAST]
Do It Yourself2 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Self Sufficiency4 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still
Do It Yourself3 months ago
Knifemaking: Make A Knife From An Old Wrench
Do It Yourself7 months ago
82 Uses for Paracord That Will Surprise You
Alternative Energy2 months ago
DIY Solar-Powered Cellphone Charger