Folding hunting knives don’t have to be practical and boring tools—they can be beautiful and still serve their purpose. If you’re looking for exquisite knives, take a peek at our list and you might just fall for these beauties!
10 Folding Hunting Knives For Every Hunter
When hunters choose folding hunting knives, they factor in the knives’ weight, quality, efficiency, and accessibility. These are very important features to look for in folding hunting knives, as you may already know. But these babies don’t just have to be functional—they can be very classy and even fancy as well. Why choose practicality over aesthetics when you can get both? Upgrade your hunting gear with one of the lovely folding hunting knives on this list!
- Titanium Coated Razor Sharp Steel Blade - The HR-30 uses high-quality 440C Steel, for a perfect balance of edge retention and ease of sharpening; The ultra-tough titanium coating ensures that it will last a lifetime
- Unique Notched Blade - Different from its cousin HR-15, the HR-30 adds a notched blade that allows for controlled slicing and cutting through even the toughest materials
- Spring-Assisted Opening - With the HR-30's spring assisted lightning fast open, in just seconds you will have this tool (or weapon) at the ready
DKC-37 Victorian Damascus Folding Pocket Knife Camel Bone
This beautiful piece of art from DKC Knives is made of Damascus steel with camel bone inlay. Uniquely engraved and antique-looking, this folding knife is handcrafted by artisans. It comes with a leather sheath, which gives the knife a rustic charm.
- DKC-37-BH VICTORIAN Damascus Folding Pocket Knife Buffalo Horn 7.75" Long, 4.5" Folded 3" Blade 4.8oz DKC Knives Hand Made Incredible Look and Feel Classic style Damascus pocket knife. Black Buffalo Horn, antique steel inlay . Swanky pocket knife. Very unique.
- Comes With Sheath That May Vary From Pictures Due to Production Lots
- Hand Made Products Vary From Knife To Knife. Stated size and weight is approximate and may vary from knife to knife. Knife Sheath shown is typical, but my vary depending on availability and current design. Pin design, mosaic buttons, blade filing design may vary from knife to knife in comparison to pictures. These are handmade not factory stamped !
Buck Knives’ 110 Folding Hunter Knife
Buck Knives is famous for producing the top hunting knives in the market—and the 110 Folding Hunter is one of the oldest and most beautiful folding hunting knives they sell. One glance at this knife and it fills you up with nostalgia. This model has a simple and classic design that has remained unchanged for many years.
- RAZOR SHARP CLIP POINT BLADE- 3-3/4" 420HC Stainless Steel Clip Blade has excellent strength , edge retention and is corrosion resistant. The Clip blade has a very sharp controllable point, and is good for detail work, piercing and slicing
- STRENGTH AND SAFETY - Easy to open with a nail notch on the blade. The lockback mechanism locks the blade open for reliable strength and safety while you work. Closed Length 4-7/8" Weight 7.2 oz.
- AN AMERICAN ICON - Classic Walnut Handle and Brass Bolsters provide a perfect combination of beauty and balance. The 110 Folding Hunter, after 50 years is still one of America's best selling knives, and one that's handed down from generation to generation
Open Season Folding Skinner Knife
Another entry from Buck Knives is the Open Season Folding Skinner Knife. This knife is specifically designed to skin game as cleanly as possible. The blade is made from double-tempered S30V steel, and its handle is crafted from Rosewood Dymondwood.
- One hand opening
- 420HC stainless steel blade
- Contoured Red wood handle with large choil for secure grip
Cold Steel Voyager XL Vaquero Plain Edge Knife
If you need to do some heavy chopping, the XL Voyager Vaquero Plain Edge knife is strong enough to do the job. The blade is beautifully contoured just like a cow’s horn, which explains why the knife is named ‘vaquero’. Its grip or handle is secure enough to endure challenging conditions.
- Blade Length: 5.5-Inch
- Blade Thickness: 4 mm
- Overall Length: 12 1/4-Inch
Boker Kwaiken Flipper
The Boker Kwaiken Flipper’s simple, slim, and sleek design makes it look very classy. Its blade, crafted from high-quality VG-10 steel, has a satin finish. The handle is made from carbon fiber and it sports a pocket clip on one side.
- VG-10 Steel satin finished blade
- Carbon Fiber handle
- Includes pocket clip
Kershaw 3810 Dimension Folding Knife
The Kershaw 3810 Dimension Folding Knife has an interesting modern look. Because of its ‘futuristic’ appeal, it seems like a perfect prop for a sci-fi movie. This heavy-duty folding knife has a very solid feel because of its titanium handle.
- Speed Safe assisted opening, Frame lock with lock bar stabilizer, Flipper and thumb stud, Quad-carry, deep-carry
- Steel-and-titanium construction, Handle is titanium, Steel: 8Cr13MoV, stonewashed finish
- Handle: Machined G-10 steel bolster front, 410 steel back
SOG AE07 Aegis Folding Knife
If you fancy a knife which you could use as both a survival and a tactical knife, the SOG AE07 Aegis Folding Knife is the one for you. The blade has a black finish, which gives the knife a combative and serious appeal. This knife is quite easy to use for both right-handers and left-handers since it has ambidextrous features on its grip.
- Tough Folding blade knife from song
- Sog Assisted Technology (sat) dual spring ambidextrous locking mechanism
- Glass-reinforced Nylon handle with checkered Digi grip pattern
Spartan by Cold Steel
Here’s another knife from Cold Steel—the Spartan, which is a heavy-duty outdoor hunting knife. Its handle, reinforced by steel liners, is uniquely designed for easier and more stable grip. The blade, meanwhile, is made from American BD1 Alloy Steel and sports a stonewashed finish.
- Made in: taiwan
- Category name: locking-knives
- Made in USA or imported
Opinel Knives’ N08 folding knife has a round, beechwood handle and a carbon steel blade. This knife is easy on the wallet since its price is relatively low compared to the other knives on this list. It is an example of a simple tool, free from elaborate designs, but still serves its purpose.
- Genuine Opinel knife with 3.25-inch blade
- Carbon steel blade, hardwood handle and stainless steel locking collar
- Easy to use, foldable blade design, safe to use, locking collar prevents accidental opening or closing
Ka Bar Bobcat Dozier
Ka Bar’s take on this folding hunting knife is quite beautiful in its own way. Bob Dozier’s design is more practical than elaborate. The blade detail is plain and supported by a handle made from Zytel.
- Made in: taiwan
- Category name: traditional-pocket-knives
- Made in USA or imported
Watch this video to check out Craig Shipp’s list of the best folding hunting knives:
Each knife on this list is beautiful in its own way. Moreover, every single one of them has a practical purpose for hunting, including other outdoor activities. So, upgrade your hunting gear with one of these beauties!
Is your favorite folding hunting knife on this list? Let us know what you think of this list by writing a comment below!
Last update on 2018-04-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API