Arm yourself with the appropriate emergency survival kit to get through any of these difficult scenarios!
The Other Ways to Use an Emergency Survival Kit
Practical Emergency Prepping
Prepping and emergency preparedness don’t make sense to many outside of the survival lifestyle. We all know how important our preps will be when SHTF, but the outsiders just don’t get it.
They see our survival kits as bags that will sit on a shelf, awaiting a disaster that will never come. Well, we’re here to prove them wrong.
Though we probably can’t convince the doubters to believe in the catastrophes we prepare for, we can show them how important preps are for everyday disasters. Read on and find out how you can set your emergency survival kit list for everyday use.
The economy is so unstable that no one is truly safe in any position. With job security a thing of the past, any smart person will stock up in case they are no longer able to provide for their family.
Learning how to live without relying on the outside world for every little thing isn’t just important for a survival situation, it’s important in case you simply don’t have the funds to rely on store-bought items any longer.
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Lassiter, Pam (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
2. House Fire
In the event of a house fire, it is important that everyone in your home is well-trained in emergency procedures. Preparing for disaster can be as simple as making a plan with your family on how to get out of the house if there’s a dangerous situation.
These plans aren’t for a seemingly impossible, they’re for a real and very possible threat to your family’s safety.
- ABC Dry Chemical, Class A:B:C Extinguisher
- For use on Class A (ordinary combustibles), Class B (Flammable liquid) spills or Fires involving live electrical equipment...
- 10 sec. discharge time
3. Minor Injuries
Staying stocked up on emergency first aid and in the know about good home remedies is very important for your everyday life. A good first aid kit will come in handy very often.
I’m not talking about a few bandages stashed under a sink somewhere you have to dig for in the event of an emergency. I mean a full-fledged emergency first aid kit. Being ready for some minor injuries is key to your health and safety.
- BONUS CARABINER, EMERGENCY BLANKET, COMPASS & WHISTLE INCLUDED when you buy an original first aid kit from “M2 Brands”:...
- THIS COMPLETE FIRST AID KIT HAS OVER 6,000 REVIEWS! Protect your family & friends. Always be prepared with the essentials! M2...
- THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE KIT AVAILABLE: 300 PIECES (40 UNIQUE ITEMS) to protect your family & friends. Ideal for baby &...
4. Car Catastrophes
Staying stocked up on the essentials isn’t just for your home but for your car as well. Keep an emergency kit for car use stashed in the back full of whatever you need in case of an emergency, or more often, a toddler having a tantrum. Staying stocked up and prepared is a good idea no matter where you are.
- Extended weight range keeps children safely harnessed longer: 5 to 40 pounds rear facing and 22 to 85 pounds forward facing
- The only harnessed convertible car seat rated to 85 pounds (as of November 2016)
- ClipQuik auto magnetic chest clip gets you on your way quickly
5. Car Trouble
Cars break down. Tires go flat. Engines overheat. Belts break. You name it, it can go wrong when you’re out on the open road.
With this in mind, it seems crazy not to keep the best car emergency kit in your vehicle.
RELATED: How To Build An Urban Survival Kit
No products found.
6. Natural Disasters
Depending on your area, the kinds of disasters to prepare for may be different. If you’re likely to experience a tornado, you should be ready to batten down the hatches and hunker down.
If you’re likely to experience a hurricane, you should be ready to evacuate. Either way, disaster preparedness will be your ticket to making it through a disaster.
Hurricane, wildfire, flooding, and many other things can lead to an emergency evacuation. When everyone else is running to the store to grab the last minute things they need to secure their homes and hit the road, you’ll be ready to roll and out of there before traffic slows you down.
- Adjustable head support. Folds compactly for efficient storage.
- Molded Hand Grips. Heavy-duty seat restraint for patient safety.
- 4 ½ " Rear wheels for smoother transportation. 3 ½ " Front swivel wheels.
8. Unexpected House Guests
Isn’t this like a disaster of its own? When you’re a little stocked up, you can rest easy knowing you have bedding, food, and extra supplies to accommodate your surprise visitors.
9. Emergency Last Minute Food
Maybe your fridge goes out in the night and your kids need lunch for school. Maybe you forgot you signed up to bring food to your club meeting.
Regardless, we’ve all been in a pinch and needed to throw together some food at the last minute. If you have extra stock on hand, you won’t have to run to the store and waste valuable time. Though this isn’t an essential need, it’s just one more way prepping will help you in everyday life.
10. Power Outage
At it’s best, power outages are annoying. At their worst, they can be downright scary.
If your lights go out, the stores shut down, your food goes bad and you don’t have any emergency preps, what will you do? A little extra food and some basic emergency preparedness tools, such as a flashlight and some candles, will keep you much more comfortable in the case of a power outage.
Check out these practical items for an emergency survival kit by BudgetBugout:
Prepping for an emergency survival kit does not only apply to catastrophic scenarios. It also prepares you for some day-to-day needs that require immediate attention.
Car problems, minor injuries, and food issues are just a few examples of what you may need to resolve, so make it a point to be prepared whenever you find yourself in these situations.
Can you give more examples of everyday scenarios that make your emergency survival kit useful? Share them with us in the comments section below!
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on June 2, 2014, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.
Last update on 2021-06-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Mike Glover talks with Tony Blauer about the SPEAR System and Improving Preparedness [PODCAST]
- Mosquito Repelling Plants For An Itch-Free Garden
- An Intro to Homesteading [PODCAST]
- How To Choose A Tent That Is Right For You
- 26 Badass Camping Hacks For Your Next Trip
- Survival Navigation – Lost in The Woods Survival [PODCAST]
- Seed Starting for Preppers – What You Need to Know
Camping1 week ago
21 Savory Campfire Recipes For Delicious Meals Outdoors
Camping2 days ago
26 Badass Camping Hacks For Your Next Trip
Homemade Survival Equipment1 month ago
8 Unusual Booby Traps To Protect Your Home
Do It Yourself4 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Self Sufficiency5 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still