You can retire after a financial crisis in comfort! Read on to find out how.
RELATED: How To Survive An Economic Crash
In this article:
- The First Step: Understanding a Financial Crisis
- The Flight Back to Real Money
- The Coming Fight Over Who Owns What
Retire After a Financial Crisis in Comfort with These Tips
The First Step: Understanding a Financial Crisis
You might not connect comfortable retirement with a financial crisis, but the truth is there are always opportunities if you know where to look.
Breaking News Alert: Facebook Is Suppressing Politically Conservative Content. Join PatriotPlanet.com Today and Let Your Voice Be Heard.
Yes! To retire after a financial crisis in comfort and even in luxury is possible. Start by asking yourself “what causes a financial crisis?” and “what will happen if the economy collapses?”
A financial crisis is often triggered by one or more of these problems:
- Out of control government spending and debt
- Investment bubbles caused by “easy money” (near-zero interest rates)
- Inflation of the money supply
- Loss of confidence in financial or government systems
- Large scale natural disasters
Next, look at what all of these triggers have in common: They feed off of each other and they all involve money.
The first four triggers are almost always directly related to fiat currency – fake money, the government or central bank prints. Fiat currency, like the U.S. dollar, always has the same fate: eventually, it dies.
The last two triggers – war and natural disasters – often cause the first four because war and disaster damage are both very expensive. They are usually not paid for with regular tax revenue, so they print it instead.
This list should look familiar. We are in the middle of most of these triggers right now and have experienced large scale natural disasters recently (Hurricane Katrina, for example).
So what does all this have to do with retiring comfortably?
The answer is in the currency. When a nation’s money dies because of irresponsible practices, like paying debts with more debt, people will flock back to real money.
Real money is limited in supply and cannot be inflated by greedy bankers and politicians. Real money is a store of value while fiat currency falls in value from inflation until people lose all confidence in it. Then it dies.
Recognizing real money isn’t difficult. For thousands of years, gold and silver play an important role as a currency – far longer than any paper currency. The opportunity to retire comfortably with real money comes from two things:
- As the general population flocks back to real money (when the big crisis hits), demand will skyrocket and so will the “price.”
- Fraudulent practices by commodities brokers, central banks, governments, and Wall Street have promised the same piece of gold and silver to several “owners.” When these owners figure out they all own the same piece of precious metals “real estate” and they have been duped, the supply of gold and silver will plummet and the price will skyrocket.
Let’s dig into each of these two opportunities so you can understand why you can retire comfortably just by owning some gold and silver.
The Flight Back to Real Money
The first one is pretty easy to understand. All fiat currencies eventually fail and the U.S. dollar will be no exception.
When this process is complete most people will lose everything tied directly to the dollar. This includes bank accounts, Wall Street stocks, bonds and mutual funds along with other paper assets like insurance policies.
Barter will work for a time, but it has limitations because some form of money will eventually take over. For example, it would be impractical for you to trade chicken eggs for a place to live.
Barter generally works best with items of similar value. Most people understand gold and silver are the answer, so everyone will be trying to get physical gold and silver.
The problem (or opportunity) is with limited supply, so the old economics law of supply and demand will take over and the value will shoot up until things level off.
So when the other 98% decide they need to catch up, those who already own physical gold and silver will see their investment climb into the stratosphere.
The Coming Fight Over Who Owns What
Ownership claims for gold and silver by Wall Street investors, banks, governments, and customers of some storage facilities now exceeds the actual amount of physical gold and silver by over 100 times. Known as the leverage ratio, the chart below shows how many ounces of gold are claimed by someone on paper for every ounce in the inventory of the COMEX gold exchange (think of COMEX as the New York Stock Exchange of gold and silver).
What this means is brokers of “paper gold” are selling the same ounce of physical gold over and over to 100+ different people and institutions. Eventually, this fraudulent practice will fall apart when investors demand their gold – and very few will actually get it.
There are two lessons you can learn from the COMEX leverage ratio being so high:
- Don’t own any “paper gold.” This includes Wall Street Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) like GLD or SLV. In other words, don’t be on the wrong side of the losing argument.
- Do own some physical gold and silver. When investor panic strikes the COMEX, you will be the one who sits back and watch your real investment turn into a retirement nest egg.
So prepare for the biggest financial opportunity to come along in several generations by getting some physical gold and silver. Then you won’t just be prepared to survive the financial meltdown, you can actually come out of it wealthy and prosperous if you do it right.
This video from City Prepping will show you tips and ideas on how to survive an economic crash:
A financial crisis can take a toll even among the most prepared, so before the worst occurs, arm yourself with the tools and knowledge you need to combat the effects. Learn how to prepare and retire after a financial crisis without worries, starting today!
What do you think of our tips and ideas on how to retire after a financial crisis? Let us know your thoughts about it in the comments section below!
- Set Up Your Crash-Proof Emergency Fund Before It’s Too Late
- 17 Signs That Most Americans Will Be Wiped Out | Financial Collapse
- Flood Survival Tips | How To Survive Before, During, And After A Flood
Make sure your survival gear is fully stocked with the latest and check out the Survival Life Store!
**Disclaimer: All content on this site is for informational purposes only. Please read our full disclaimer here**
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on July 9, 2014, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.