Folding hunting knives don’t have to be practical and boring. Check out these fine-looking blades that still serve their purpose!
13 Folding Hunting Knives for Every Hunter
When hunters choose the best folding hunting knives, they consider weight, quality, efficiency, and accessibility. Aside from these features, hunting knives can be stylish and fancy as well.
Why choose practicality over aesthetics when you can have both? Upgrade your hunting gear by adding any of these lovely folding knives in your collection!
Breaking News Alert: Facebook Is Suppressing Politically Conservative Content. Join PatriotPlanet.com Today and Let Your Voice Be Heard.
- Titanium Coated Razor Sharp Steel Blade - The HR-30 uses high-quality 440C Steel, for a perfect balance of edge retention and ease of sharpening; The ultra-tough titanium coating ensures that it will last a lifetime
- Unique Notched Blade - Different from its cousin HR-15, the HR-30 adds a notched blade that allows for controlled slicing and cutting through even the toughest materials
1. DKC-37 Victorian Damascus Folding Pocket Knife Camel BoneThis beautiful piece of art from DKC Knives is made of Damascus steel with camel bone inlay. Uniquely engraved and antique-looking, this folding knife is handcrafted by artisans. It comes with a leather sheath, which gives the knife a rustic charm.
What is Damascus steel? This is forged steel made from wootz steel ingots. It is characterized by a flowing water pattern. Contrary to its name, Damascus steel isn’t always made in Damascus.
- DKC-37-BH VICTORIAN Damascus Folding Pocket Knife Buffalo Horn 7.75" Long, 4.5" Folded 3" Blade 4.8oz DKC Knives Hand Made Incredible Look and Feel Classic style Damascus pocket knife. Black Buffalo Horn, antique steel inlay . Swanky pocket knife. Very unique.
- Comes With Sheath That May Vary From Pictures Due to Production Lots
2. Buck Knife 110 Folding Hunter Knife
Buck Knives are famous for producing the top hunting knives in the market. The 110 Folding Hunter is one of the oldest and most beautiful folding hunting knives they sell.
One glance at this knife and it fills you up with nostalgia. This model has a simple and classic design which remained unchanged for many years.
- RAZOR SHARP CLIP POINT BLADE- 3-3/4" 420HC stainless steel clip point blade has excellent strength , edge retention and is corrosion resistant. The clip point blade has a very sharp controllable point, and is good for detail work, piercing and slicing
- STRENGTH AND SAFETY - Easy to open with a nail notch on the blade. The lock back mechanism locks the blade open for reliable strength and safety while you work. Closed Length 4-7/8" Weight 7. 2 oz.
3. Open Season Folding Skinner Knife
Another entry from Buck Knives is the Open Season Folding Skinner Knife. This knife is specifically designed to skin game as cleanly as possible.
The blade comes from double-tempered S30V steel. The handle is crafted from Rosewood Dymondwood.
- RAZOR SHARP DROP POINT BLADE- 3-3/4" 420HC stainless steel drop point blade has excellent strength , edge retention and is corrosion resistant. The drop point blade is full bellied with a strong, thick point for heavier tasks.
- STRENGTH AND SAFETY - Easy to open with a thumb hole cutout. The mid-lock locks the blade open for reliable strength and safety while you work. Closed Length 4-3/4" Weight 6. 2 oz.
4. Cold Steel Voyager XL Vaquero Plain Edge Knife
If you need to do some heavy chopping, the XL Voyager Vaquero Plain Edge knife is strong enough to do the job. The blade is beautifully contoured just like a cow’s horn, which explains why the knife is named ‘Vaquero.’ Its grip or handle is secure enough to endure challenging conditions.
5. Boker Kwaiken Flipper
The Boker Kwaiken Flipper’s simple, slim, and sleek design makes it look very classy. Its blade, crafted from high-quality VG-10 steel, has a satin finish. The handle is made from carbon fiber, and it sports a pocket clip on one side.
- Specs - Total Length: 8.4 in - Blade length: 3.5 in - Blade thickness: 0.10 in - Weight: 4.4 oz - Opening: Manual - Handle Color: Black - Blade Color: Uncoated
- Exclusive Carbon Fibre Handle - This iteration of the iconic Kwaiken is fit with carbon fibre scales, which give the knife a very special appearance. The thin construction and exclusive materials make the Kwaiken into a true crossover between Gentlemen Fo
6. Kershaw 3810 Dimension Folding Knife
The Kershaw 3810 Dimension Folding Knife has an interesting modern look. Because of its ‘futuristic’ appeal, it seems like a perfect prop for a sci-fi movie. This heavy-duty folding knife has a very solid feel because of its titanium handle.
- Speed Safe assisted opening, Frame lock with lock bar stabilizer, Flipper and thumb stud, Quad-carry, deep-carry
- Steel-and-titanium construction, Handle is titanium, Steel: 8Cr13MoV, stonewashed finish
7. SOG AE07 Aegis Folding Knife
If you fancy a knife you can use as both a survival and a tactical knife, the SOG AE07 Aegis Folding Knife is the one for you. The blade has a black finish which gives the knife a combative and serious appeal.
This knife is quite easy to use for both right-handed and left-handed people since it has ambidextrous features on its grip.
- 3.5 INCH AUS-8 STAINLESS STEEL TANTO KNIFE: The SOG Aegis Tanto partially serrated knife serves well as an EDC knife, hunting knife, camping knife and rescue knife; measures 4.75 inches in closed length with model number: AE07-CP
- 3.1 OUNCES W/ GRN DIGI CAMOUFLAGE POCKET KNIFE HANDLE: A tough tactical knife handle for this ergonomic everyday carry folding knife and pocket knife assisted opening; glass-reinforced nylon offers great grip
8. Spartan by Cold Steel
Here’s another knife from Cold Steel which is a heavy-duty outdoor hunting knife. Its handle is reinforced by steel liners.
It also has a unique design for an easier and more stable grip. The blade is made from American BD1 Alloy Steel and sports a stonewashed finish.
9. Opinel N08
The Opinel Knives’ N08 folding knife has a round, beechwood handle, and a carbon steel blade. This knife is easy on the wallet since its price is low compared to the other knives on this list. It is an example of a simple tool, free from elaborate designs, but still serves its purpose.
- This essential tool is unchanged since 1890 and is a must have for outdoorsmen and handymen alike
- The Stainless Virobloc safety ring has two sections, one fixed and one sliding for secure locking
10. Ka Bar Bobcat Dozier
— Outdoor Warrior (@Outdoor_Warrior) November 18, 2016
Ka Bar’s take on this folding hunting knife is quite beautiful in its own way. Bob Dozier’s design is more practical than elaborate. The blade detail is plain and supported by a handle made from Zytel.
- Made in: taiwan
- Category name: traditional-pocket-knives
11. Columbia River Knife
The Columbia River Knife is a stainless steel blade great for everyday use. It has an 8 CR 13 MOV steel 5-inch blade with a spear point design. This knife is not spring-loaded but it opens real quick with one flick.
12. TAC Force Orange EMT Pocket Knife
One of the interesting features of this knife is it has a seatbelt cutter and a glass breaker. The length of this knife is only 4-inches when it’s fully closed, which makes it concealable enough to fit in any pocket. At 4.2 ounces, it’s lightweight and durable for everyday carry.
13. Kershaw Launch 3
The Kershaw Launch 3 is optimized for everyday cutting uses. It has a black DLC coating on the blade to enhance this Kershaw’s corrosion resistance. The handle is made from aircraft grade aluminum, making it a very durable cutting tool.
Watch this video by CraigShipp.com for some of the best folding knives:
Each folding hunting knife on this list is beautiful in their own ways. These sharp folding tools are durable and made from the finest materials.
Every single one has a practical purpose for hunting and other outdoor activities. Upgrade your hunting gear with one of these outdoor knives!
Is your favorite folding hunting knife on this list? Let us know what you think of this list in the comments section below!
- Choosing a Fixed Blade Survival Knife (Part 1)
- Rule Of Threes: The Basic Guide To Survival
- Everyday Uses For Your Emergency Survival Kit
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on February 11, 2018, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.
Last update on 2020-09-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API