Get Started Homesteading with These 10 Tips
Thinking about going off the grid? What are you waiting for?
These days there are tons of resources and communities for up-and-coming homesteaders who are still learning. Don’t worry if you don’t know everything yet…no one does. The beauty of it is that we can all help one another reach our goals, and make ourselves better preppers in the process.
The video below from Fouch-o-matic Off Grid on YouTube lists ten things this couple wishes they’d known before starting their homestead. Here’s the list, but be sure to watch the video for more detail.
- Solar power is easier than you think
- Plants can’t grow where there’s no soil
- Water runs downhill
- Carrying water is THE WORST
- Batteries run out
- Bears like trash
- Firewood is a ton of work
- Yurts are better at cold weather than hot weather
- Temporary is longer than you think
- You can do things you didn’t know you could do
Cooking3 months ago
21 Savory Campfire Recipes For Delicious Meals Outdoors
Camping3 months ago
26 Badass Camping Hacks For Your Next Trip
Security4 months ago
8 Unusual Booby Traps To Protect Your Home
Do It Yourself7 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Water Purification8 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still