5 Tips from a Safety Expert
The recent shooting in San Bernadino has brought the threat of a workplace shooting to the front of many people’s minds.
For most of us, our office or workplace has never been a place where we feel unsafe. A workplace shooting is an unlikely scenario, but it’s still one you need to be prepared for. The worst can happen when and where you least expect it.
In the following video, a safety expert explains several steps you can take to survive in case of a shooting like the one in San Bernadino. Here are a few of his tips:
- Build a barricade around the door
- Set off fire alarms and sprinklers — anything to cause commotion and bring attention to the situation
- Tie a belt around the door hinge to keep it form being opened
- If a gunman breaks through the door, fight back
- Use anything you can get your hands on as a weapon (such as a fire extinguisher or scissors)
Watch the video below, and share your own shooting survival tips in the comments.
Want more tips? Check out these related articles from our website:
Paracord Projects9 months ago
Paracord Projects | 36 Cool Paracord Ideas For Your Paracord Survival Projects
Survival Skills9 months ago
377 Survival Hacks You Should Learn in 2022 | Your Ultimate Survival Life Hacks Guide
Natural Disasters12 months ago
Flood Survival Tips | How To Survive Before, During, And After A Flood
Fishing, Hunting, & Trapping7 months ago
Squirrel Snare | How to Make a Snare Trap Step By Step
Personal Safety8 months ago
Invasion Survival Kit | How to Survive a Home Invasion