5 Tips from a Safety Expert
The recent shooting in San Bernadino has brought the threat of a workplace shooting to the front of many people’s minds.
For most of us, our office or workplace has never been a place where we feel unsafe. A workplace shooting is an unlikely scenario, but it’s still one you need to be prepared for. The worst can happen when and where you least expect it.
In the following video, a safety expert explains several steps you can take to survive in case of a shooting like the one in San Bernadino. Here are a few of his tips:
- Build a barricade around the door
- Set off fire alarms and sprinklers — anything to cause commotion and bring attention to the situation
- Tie a belt around the door hinge to keep it form being opened
- If a gunman breaks through the door, fight back
- Use anything you can get your hands on as a weapon (such as a fire extinguisher or scissors)
Watch the video below, and share your own shooting survival tips in the comments.
Want more tips? Check out these related articles from our website:
News8 months ago
US Spends TRILLIONS to Cure The Common Flu
Featured Articles2 weeks ago
How to Keep Cats Away from Your House | 12 Simple Ways
Featured Articles23 hours ago
10 Awesome Primitive Fishing Techniques
Building4 weeks ago
Japanese Saw | Your Ultimate Guide to Japanese Saws
Building2 weeks ago
Kumiki Japanese Woodworking | How to Repair Buildings without Nails