If you’re a true outdoorsman, you’ve got the outdoor survival skills to endure anything the great outdoors throws your way. So I have to ask… are you a true outdoorsman?
In this article:
- Camping Survival Skills
- Outdoor Survival Hacks Using Everyday Items
- Camping in the Rain Outdoor Survival Skills
- Defensive Survival Skills
- Fire-Building Survival Skills
- Build a Shower
- Know the Tactics
- Tell Someone Before You Go
- Expert Tips
- Staying Clean
- Splinter Solution
- Hike Safely
- Identifying Poisonous Plants
- Navigation Skills
- Stay Hydrated
- Campfire Without Smoke
- Survival Skills and Camping Techniques
- Building a Fire
- Master the Compass
- Hide in Plain Sight
- How to Use a Poncho
- Cooking Food Off-Grid
- Make a Lantern
- Tie a Square Knot
- Bow Drill Fire Tips
- Keep Bugs Off
- Weather Forecasting
- Trail Survival Skills Lessons
- Find Dry Wood
- Drink for Life
- Mind Those That Slither
Outdoor Survival Skills Everyone Should Learn
1. Camping Survival Skills
2. Outdoor Survival Hacks Using Everyday Items
When you’re out in the wilderness, you need to know how to improvise. You can’t always trust you’ll have a working phone or GPS unit on you.
Here are some tips on how to use just what’s around you to help you survive.
3. Camping in the Rain Outdoor Survival Skills
4. Defensive Survival Skills
5. Fire-Building Survival Skills
6. Build a Shower
7. Know the Tactics
8. Tell Someone Before You Go
I still remember screaming this advice to James Franco when he was packing up for his bike trek in 127 Hours. Leave a note or text a friend, at least.
It does sound trivial but when things go wrong, your loved ones have to know where you have gone.
9. Expert Tips
10. Staying Clean
11. Splinter Solution
It’s easy to get a splinter out in the wilderness, but the infection is the main concern. Find out how to remove a splinter properly here.
12. Hike Safely
13. Identifying Poisonous Plants
When the grid is down and your gadgets are dead, you can always count on the old compass and map to find your way to safety. Knowing how to use a map and compass sure is one of the most practical outdoor survival skills.
15. Stay Hydrated
16. Campfire Without Smoke
17. Survival Skills and Camping Techniques
18. Building a Fire
19. Master the Compass
20. Hide in Plain Sight
21. How to Use a Poncho
22. Cooking Food Off-Grid
23. Make a Lantern
24. Tie a Square Knot
25. Bow Drill Fire Tips
26. Keep Bugs Off
27. Weather Forecasting
28. Trail Survival Skills Lessons
29. Find Dry Wood
30. Drink for Life
31. Mind Those That Slither
This video from TA Outdoors will show you how to set up camp and learn your outdoor survival skills by actual experience:
These 31 tips are proof of the importance of survival skills when you’re in an emergency or SHTF situation. But let me ask you this, do you have what it takes to survive in the outdoors?
Do you think you’re a true survivalist? Take our Wilderness Survival Skills Quiz, and put your outdoor survival skills to the test!
Have you put these outdoor survival skills to the test? Tell us about it in the comments section below!
- This Survival Training Course Might Just Save Your Life
- How To Open A Can Without A Can Opener Survival Hack [Video]
- How To Build DIY Survival Shelters To Survive Through The Night
Go to our Survival Life Store to shop some of our favorite self-defense tools and gear.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on July 15, 2016, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.
- What About The CIA Central Intelligence Agency [PODCAST]
- Survival Medicine Podcast: Cold Water Safety, Gloves, Wound Infections, Nursing [PODCAST]
- Invasion Survival Kit | How to Survive a Home Invasion
- The New Prepper Checklist [PODCAST]
- Mindless Banter 79 – Q&A [PODCAST]
- First Aid Kit Buyer’s Guide
Paracord Projects1 week ago
Paracord Projects | 36 Cool Paracord Ideas For Your Paracord Survival Projects
Survival Skills3 weeks ago
377 Survival Hacks You Should Learn in 2022 | Your Ultimate Survival Life Hacks Guide
Natural Disasters3 months ago
Flood Survival Tips | How To Survive Before, During, And After A Flood
Personal Safety2 days ago
Invasion Survival Kit | How to Survive a Home Invasion
Food Preservation3 months ago
Hidden Stockpile | Reloading Your Stockpile After Thanksgiving