How to Stay Safe While Hiking in the Wilderness
Hiking is a favorite pastime among survivalists and outdoorsman. There’s nothing quite like spending the day out in nature, taking in the sights and pushing yourself to the limit to go places you’ve never gone before.
But a pleasant afternoon hike can turn into a dangerous situation for the unprepared. Wild animals, bad weather and other factors can pose hazards to even the most experienced hiker. It’s always best to be prepared for the worst and practice hiking safety at all times.
The following hiking safety tips, presented in an infographic originally published on Fix.com, will help guide you on your next hiking trip so that you can be sure it will be a safe and fun experience.
Check it out, and be sure to share your own hiking safety tips in the comments!
Want more information on outdoor survival? Check out these related articles from our website:
- Survival Medicine Podcast: Radiation/Nuclear Events [PODCAST]
- Environmental Policy FAQs | How to Write an Environmental Policy
- Beginning Preps Home Security [PODCAST]
- How To Prepare For Hyperinflation
- Kubotan | How to Use a Kubotan in 3 Easy Steps
- ZPacks Review | Top 10 Best ZPacks Backpacking and Camping Gear
- Beginning Preps Series Food Storage [PODCAST]
Cooking5 months ago
21 Savory Campfire Recipes For Delicious Meals Outdoors
Camping4 months ago
26 Badass Camping Hacks For Your Next Trip
Security6 months ago
8 Unusual Booby Traps To Protect Your Home
Do It Yourself8 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Water Purification9 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still