If you’re lost in the woods, a compass can be a lifesaver. With it you can figure out which way you’re going and make sure you stay on course. But only if you know how to use it. Fortunately, using a compass is pretty simple once you learn the basics.
A compass works by suspending a needle with one magnetized end so it can spin freely. The magnetized end is attracted to the earth’s magnetic North Pole, and will spin so that it always points to the North Pole. Once you know which way is north, it’s easy to find the other directions.
A compass is a Go Bag essential, but it won’t do you squat if you don’t know how to use it, and chances are – you don’t.
You just don’t want to get lost. A good simple camping style pocket compass can be your best friend in a survival situation, and requires no special skills to use.
Here’s how to use a basic compass.
Do you have any tips for using a compass or navigation? Let us know in the comments.
Want to know more? Check out these related articles:
- 050 Bug Out Locations – A Preppers Paradise [PODCAST]
- 25 Ways To Get Clean Drinking Water In An Emergency
- 049 Prepper Teens – Give them a Freakin Job Already [PODCAST]
- List of Things NOT To Do When SHTF | Prepping for SHTF
- 051 World’s End Apothecary – The Doc is In [PODCAST]
- Staying Cool in The Summer While Hunting in The Woods
- US Alarmed as Saudis Threaten to Expose Secrets [PODCAST]
Camping2 months ago
21 Savory Campfire Recipes For Delicious Meals Outdoors
Camping1 month ago
26 Badass Camping Hacks For Your Next Trip
Homemade Survival Equipment3 months ago
8 Unusual Booby Traps To Protect Your Home
Do It Yourself5 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Self Sufficiency6 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still