Know and keep these outdoor survival hacks and take the upper hand in any survival situation!
In this article:
- Convert a Can of Tuna into a Lamp
- From Crayons to Candles
- Turn a Can into a Lamp
- Use a Durable Stick to Carry More Water Gallons in One Trip
- Make Fish Hooks Out of Can Tabs
- Use a Piece of Cloth as a Simple Water Filter
- Make a Mini Stove Out of Soda Cans
- Use Plants to Repel Mosquitoes and Other Pests
Outdoor Survival Hacks and Tips You Need to Know
1. Convert a Can of Tuna into a Lamp
Jab a hole on top of the can, then measure two-by-five inches on a piece of paper. Next, roll the paper into a wick and insert it into the hole you made.
Allow the wick to absorb the oil before lighting it up. This improvised tuna can lamp will provide two hours of illumination.
2. From Crayons to Candles
Just light up a crayon and you have an instant candle to last you for 30 minutes. Marvel at this featured video on how you can make an improvised candle from a crayon—one of the crazy survival hacks which actually works.
3. Turn a Can into a Lamp
Draw a big letter “I” on the side of the can before cutting it up with a razor. Open up the flaps of the can then set a lighted tea candle or a shorter candle inside the bottom of the can.
The light emitted by the candle reflects on the insides of the can, plus you can use the tab as a hanger. These are only a few of the survival and smart uses for soda cans.
4. Use a Durable Stick to Carry More Water Gallons in One Trip
Place each water gallon alternately opposite each other before inserting the stick. This will save you more trips from Point A to Point B.
5. Make Fish Hooks Out of Can Tabs
Using a pair of scissors or a blade cut a small portion on the outside bottom part of the tab. When done it will look like a small letter “e”.
6. Use a Piece of Cloth as a Simple Water Filter
With a piece of cloth and two containers, you can rid dirty water of dirt and debris. Fill one container with the dirty water and place it just a little bit higher than the empty container.
Twist the piece of cloth lick a wick then place one end in the container with the dirty water and the other end in the empty container. Overtime the now filtered water will pass through the cloth and fill the empty container while the debris and dirt will be left in the other.
Boiling the filtered water is still necessary to free it from contaminants and only then would it be safe to drink.
7. Make a Mini Stove Out of Soda Cans
You’ll need two bottom parts of soda or beer cans, denatured alcohol, a penny, a puncher or any solid pointed object. You will also need a blade or scissors and a piece of cloth or fiberglass as a filler.
Last but not least is a heat resistant sealant then you’re good to go. Check out this article for the details and step-by-step guide.
8. Use Plants to Repel Mosquitoes and Other Pests
This is one of the clever survival hacks you can use for life.
This video from MAD Science Hacks will show you this match life hack you can use for survival or camping:
Preparing for the worst lets you have an advantage in survival. Remember these outdoor survival hacks, and make sure you have a backup plan when technology fails you.
These are just a few of the outdoor survival life hacks which might just increase your chances in surviving the outdoors. Learn these survival tips and hacks because you’ll never know when you might need them.
Which of these outdoor survival hacks have you tried before? Share your experience with us in the comments section below!
- Outdoor Survival Water Filtration Techniques
- 8 Outdoor Survival Tactics You Need to Master NOW
- Wilderness Survival Guide: Outdoor Toilet Paper Alternatives
For more awesome SHTF survival items you can’t make at home, check out the Survival Life Store!
***Disclaimer: The contents of this article are for informational purposes only. Please read our full disclaimer.***
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on May 31, 2016, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.
- US Alarmed as Saudis Threaten to Expose Secrets [PODCAST]
- Are You Prepared For A Famine In The US?
- Mark of the mRNA Beast [PODCAST]
- 17 Items You Should Buy Monthly to Stay Prepared For An Emergency
- This is the Future We have Chosen [PODCAST]
- 9 Grill Tools Every Grill Master Needs To Have
- CPP Classics – Surviving Riots [PODCAST]
Camping2 months ago
21 Savory Campfire Recipes For Delicious Meals Outdoors
Camping1 month ago
26 Badass Camping Hacks For Your Next Trip
Homemade Survival Equipment2 months ago
8 Unusual Booby Traps To Protect Your Home
Do It Yourself5 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Self Sufficiency6 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still