Survival gear can be expensive, heavy, and prone to breaking down.
Having some gear around is a great idea, but relying on it too much can be a mistake, especially when it comes to filling an essential need like food preparation.
DIY Aluminum Can Burners
Though you might have stoves and burners around for this purpose, this is a low cost project for creating an alternate source of heat for cooking food and sanitizing water.
These can burners, also known as hobo stoves, give you a quick, cheap, and easy flame to cook with.
Having this knowledge under your belt could be your ticket to staying fed in a pinch or just help out as a cheap way to create a mobile burner for many other reasons.
Here are two methods for creating a cheap and easy alcohol fueled burner out of aluminum cans.
Method 1: The Homemade Outdoor Luxe
This burner is a simple, open topped assembly.
Method 2: The PBR Burner
This version has a covered top, creating a bit more protection around your fuel.
Want to know more? Check out these related articles on our site:
- Survival Fitness & Nutrition – How Fitness Affects Survival [PODCAST]
- Top 25 Car Camping Essentials
- RVing and Prepping – Something to Think About
- Basic Survival Food Storage On a Budget
- Merchants of the Wild [PODCAST]
- Easy Camping Meals to Make Camp Cooking an Unforgettable Experience
- Mike Glover talks with Tony Blauer about the SPEAR System and Improving Preparedness [PODCAST]
Camping2 weeks ago
21 Savory Campfire Recipes For Delicious Meals Outdoors
Camping6 days ago
26 Badass Camping Hacks For Your Next Trip
Homemade Survival Equipment1 month ago
8 Unusual Booby Traps To Protect Your Home
Do It Yourself4 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Self Sufficiency5 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still