Recreate these awesome DIY seedling greenhouses this spring, even before the frost melts away.
DIY Seedling Greenhouses Anyone Can Do
What is a greenhouse? A structure or shelter (usually made of transparent material) where plants are kept for the purpose of giving them ideal climatic conditions.
1. Egg Carton Greenhouse
- Virtually unbreakable 4 mm twin-wall polycarbonate panels block up to 99.9% of UV rays and diffuses intense sunlight that can...
- Rust resistant aluminum frame and galvanized steel base
- Features include an adjustable roof vent, built-in rain gutters, hinged door with lockable handle and magnetic catch
2. Plastic Bottle Greenhouse
3. CD Spindle Case Greenhouse
Who doesn’t have one of those CD spindle cases laying around the house? They make perfect greenhouses for your seedlings!
You have two options: either use them as is by placing small potted plants in the case or remove the column in the middle to accommodate larger pots with seedlings. It’s that easy!
4. Clear Storage Tote Greenhouse
Do you desire to add more plants to your winter or fall garden, but you’re experiencing cold nights and warm days in your area? A transportable clear plastic container storing your seedlings inside small canisters or boxes would be a great way to start.
Keep them indoors in the night, but don’t forget to give them their share of sunshine during the day.
5. Mason Jar Greenhouse
Surely, you have unused Mason jars hidden somewhere in your kitchen cabinets. Old Mason jars can make an awesome DIY greenhouse for your seedlings. You just have to make sure there is adequate airflow so the plant will survive.
- Ball wide mouth quart jar
- Ideal for preserving jams, jellies sauces, mustard & flavored vinegar
- Custom time tested ceiling compound help ensure a quality seal with each lid
6. Plastic Wrapped Greenhouse
This homemade mini greenhouse is a good addition to your garden. There are ready-made containers already with plastic lids, but you can always make your own version.
It is easy to make and very inexpensive. Also, this type of seedling greenhouse is an effective solution if you have problematic seeds.
7. Clear Plastic Greenhouse
Raise seedlings with a clear plastic berry box about to be thrown away. All you need is a clear food plastic container with a lid and some tissue paper or cardboard and you can create this mini greenhouse for your seedlings. If you have space, get a full-sized greenhouse delivered to you!
Check out this full video tutorial by OikoEco Productions and learn to make a DIY seedling starter greenhouse out of a rotisserie chicken container:
Upcycling old items and turning it into something more useful is a skill that will serve as good leverage. With a little bit of ingenuity, you can come up with things that will be beneficial to you, like these seedling greenhouses.
This is an effective way to protect your seedling so they can grow and flourish. These homemade seed starter greenhouse ideas will make your gardening experience even better without spending a fortune.
Do you have any other DIY greenhouse ideas for your seedlings you would like to share? Add them in the comments section below!
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on February 6, 2018, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.
Last update on 2021-09-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- WL 350: 8 Survival Lessons From The “Soldiers Of The Future” [PODCAST]
- 10 Alternative Energy Sources You Can Use Today
- Best Camping Table Ideas 2021
- 4 Keys To Close Combat “Power Kicking” [PODCAST]
- Disaster Survival Kits
- Where to Get the Best Survival Training
- Tent Heater | 10 Best Tent Heaters for Camping
Cooking4 months ago
21 Savory Campfire Recipes For Delicious Meals Outdoors
Camping3 months ago
26 Badass Camping Hacks For Your Next Trip
Security4 months ago
8 Unusual Booby Traps To Protect Your Home
Do It Yourself7 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Water Purification8 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still