DIY Greenhouses | Plans for Your Survival Garden
Looking for a new way to garden? Transform your survival garden this spring with these great and cost effective DIY greenhouses!
PVC Pipe Greenhouse
- 1/2″ PVC Pipe
- 1/2″ Corner Elbow Connectors
4 with 3 ports
- 1/2″ Adapters
4 Connectors + Adapters
- Primer and PVC Cement
- Long Zip Ties
- Hacksaw or Pipe Cutter
- Plastic Sheeting
6′ x 6′, 3.5 mil (6 mil is ideal)
(Thin clear plastic will not withstand past one season.)
You can find the full instructions for the PVC pipe greenhouse here.
- 3 – 2×4 @ 10 feet long – use on back wall
- 5 – 2×4 @ 12 feet long – use on sides/ridgepole DO NOT CUT)
- 32 – 2×4 @ 8 feet long
- 11 – 12 foot long x 26″ wide standard corrugated plastic greenhouse panels
- 1 – 8 foot long x 26″ wide standard corrugated plastic greenhouse panel (use on door side)
- 3 – 12 foot long tin panels (use on sides and back)
- 1 – 8 foot long tin panel (use on front)
- Tin screws
- 28 – 4′ long ribbing strips
- L flashing (optional for the corners)
You can find the full instructions the barn greenhouse here.
Cold Frame Greenhouse
Great for small gardening areas!
- Old wood frame windows
- Salvage wood 1 x 12. We used cedar, but any scrap wood would do.
- Nails or screws
- 2 metal hinges for each frame
- Hammer or screwdriver
You can find full instructions for the cold frame greenhouse here.
Wooden Box Greenhouse
This DIY greenhouse project can be built in a single weekend. This project is a little more time consuming but, the end result is well worth it!
- Plastic or wooden frames
- Cushioning sand
- Galvanized nails
- Traditional glass
- Double wall plastic
- Film plastic
You can find full instructions for the wooden box greenhouse here.
Transform Your Raised Garden Bed Into a Poly Tunnel Greenhouse
You can find full instructions for the poly tunnel greenhouse here.
Want to learn more? Check out these related articles: