One thing you don’t want to be during the coming “crunch” is dependent on the system.
The more you can take care of yourself, the better off you’ll be physically, financially, emotionally and even spiritually.
Here are 17 ways (in no particular order) that you can become more self-sufficient right now:
- Get a small solar system that can be used to run a laptop or recharge batteries
- Drill a water well and install a hand pump or solar-powered DC pump
- Set up a rainwater collection system or barrel
- Stash some cash: stock away some green dollar bills and lots of U.S. nickels ( Quarters from 1964 and older still contain 90% silver, so they are a safe bet!)
- Own and learn how to use a handgun, rifle and shotgun
- Store plenty of ammunition (this one may be pretty hard to do right now…)
- Own and know how to use a water filter
- Start a garden this spring and acquire more food production skills
- Save garden seeds so you can plant the next generation of food. ( Only Non GMO seeds will yield multiple crops)
- Acquire a wood-burning stove for heat and cooking
- Possess a large quantity of stored food; enough for at least 90 days
- Get to know your local farmers and ranchers
- Store up valuable barter items that are relatively cheap today: Alcohol, coffee, ammo, matches, etc.
- Safely store extra vehicle fuel (gasoline, diesel) at your home or ranch. Be sure to use fuel stabilizers to extend their life.
- Learn emergency first aid skills and own first aid supplies. (This could save a life or possibly save a trip to the emergency room)
- Start growing your own medicinal plants. Aloe vera, oregano, garlic, cayenne pepper and other medicinal herbs that can replace a surprisingly large number of prescription drugs.
- Own emergency hand-cranked radios so you can tune in to news and announcements
These were excerpted from an article I found on the survival spot.
What skills or tips would you add to this list?
Paracord Projects3 months ago
Paracord Projects | 36 Cool Paracord Ideas For Your Paracord Survival Projects
Paracord Projects2 months ago
How To Make Paracord Survival Bracelets | DIY Survival Prepping
Medical Care2 months ago
21 Home Remedies For Toothache Pain Relief
Do It Yourself3 months ago
Survival DIY: How To Melt Aluminum Cans For Casting
Featured Articles1 year ago
Drought Survival Tips: How to Survive Drought
SIGN UP NOW
Enter for a chance to WIN a pair of these Tactical Boots when you sign up today for our exclusive email newsletter subscription.
GET YOUR VERTICAL GARDENING REPORT TODAY!
Simply fill-out the form below and subscribe to our weekly newsletter. We strive to help people of all experience levels take steps towards happier, healthier, and more holistic lives with a natural and thoughtful approach to a safer and more effective way of living.
Simply fill-out the form below and subscribe to our weekly newsletter.