Camping tricks and tips are a dime a dozen, but this camping checklist is chock full of ideas we bet you’ve never seen before.
In this article:
- Make a Strikeable Match Storage with Sandpaper and Container Lid
- Create an Egg Carton Fire Starter
- Create Outdoor Candlesticks for Easy & Portable Lighting
- Use Doritos as Kindling
- Use Frozen Water Jugs for Long Lasting Cold in Your Cooler
- Create a Pocket-Sized Oil Lamp From a Travel Shampoo Bottle
- Create Travel-Friendly Coffee Brewers from Filters and Floss
- Make Your Own Grill Out of a Tin Can
- Waterproof Your Shoes With Beeswax
- Use a Belt and Some Hooks to Fashion a Pot Hanger
- Dip Cotton Pads in a Wax to Make Easy Fire Starters
- Create an Emergency Light out of Some Cardboard and Tin Can
- Keep a Jar Full of Candles Handy for a Quick and Easy Light Source
- Make a Portable Candle in an Altoid Tin
Camping Tricks & Tips a Survivalist Should Know
Unique Camping Hacks and Tips
From improvised camping ideas to camping food prep, we’ve got you covered with truly unique family camping hacks. To camp like a pro, read on and discover some of our unique camping tricks and tips!
1. Make a Strikeable Match Storage with Sandpaper and Container Lid
Sure, flints are amazing (in a Survivor series kind), but matches will never be outdated. They’re easy and safe to use in lighting fire.
2. Create an Egg Carton Fire Starter
Don’t throw your egg cartons at camp just yet. You can throw them later at the fire or start the fire with them.
Here’s how you can make your own DIY fire starter from egg cartons.
3. Create Outdoor Candlesticks for Easy & Portable Lighting
For this camping trick, you only need candles and craft dowels.
4. Use Doritos as Kindling
Learn how to in this video from MacGyvermedotcom.
5. Use Frozen Water Jugs for Long Lasting Cold in Your Cooler
Breaking News Alert: Facebook Is Suppressing Politically Conservative Content. Join PatriotPlanet.com Today and Let Your Voice Be Heard.
6. Create a Pocket-Sized Oil Lamp From a Travel Shampoo Bottle
It doesn’t seem much but this pocket-sized oil lamp can burn for six hours which is more than enough for emergency situations.
7. Create Travel-Friendly Coffee Brewers from Filters and Floss
Coffee is an essential camping food, campers can never be without. But having a good coffee requires you coffee-making tools hassling to bring along to camp.
Try this nifty camping tip for coffee: making individual coffee bags. You can enjoy a good coffee even while you’re outdoors.
8. Make Your Own Grill Out of a Tin Can
9. Waterproof Your Shoes With Beeswax
Candlewax and beeswax are not only items to help you start a fire at camp. They are also effective in making your shoes waterproof.
It’s as easy as directly applying the wax generously on your shoes.
10. Use a Belt and Some Hooks to Fashion a Pot Hanger
A camp is a home away from home and keeping things in order is also a priority. You don’t want to pay the price of disorder when you are out in the wild.
This belt hack to keep your pots and pans hanging is a smart organizing tip.
11. Dip Cotton Pads in a Wax to Make Easy Fire Starters
All the materials you need for this DIY cotton pads fire starter could be found right in your home now. It’s light and it doesn’t take a lot of space which is great for campers.
12. Create an Emergency Light out of Some Cardboard and Tin Can
13. Keep a Jar Full of Candles Handy for a Quick and Easy Light Source
It’s super hassling to find yourself in a power outage and you have to fumble for candles, matches, and a candlestick.
You’ve never come across this brilliant life and camping idea. It’s a candle and match storage, and candlestick in one.
14. Make a Portable Candle in an Altoid Tin
Check out these genius camping hacks by list25:
Learn these camping tricks and never be caught clueless out in the elements. This redneck-approved list can be used to add to your more traditional camping supplies for the ultimate camping experience.
Impress your fellow campers with these unusual camping ideas and your seemingly never-ending supply of cool camping hacks!
Have you tried out any of these camping tips? Which one is it? Let us know in the comments section below!
- 7 Military Disaster Survival Tips | Survival Life
- Smart Beach Camping Tips And Tricks
- Grow 100 Pounds Of Potatoes In A DIY Square Garden Design
Disclaimer: The contents of this article are for informational purposes only. Please read our full disclaimer.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on April 14, 2014, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.
- Winter Driving Tips to Keep You Safe | Emergency Preparedness
- Non-Potable Water | Types and How to Spot Them | What You Need To Know
- How To Have Potable Water Anywhere | Emergency Preparedness
- How To Get Rid of Raccoons [Infographic]
- Instant Mashed Potatoes: Awesome Survival Food?
- Are You Prepared? 2020 Winter Holiday Travel Prep Tips
- 37 Urban Survival Skills To Master Before SHTF
Alternative Energy9 months ago
An Emergency Candle That Noah Would Be Proud Of
Do It Yourself2 months ago
82 Uses for Paracord That Will Surprise You
Do It Yourself9 months ago
A SHTF Plan For Your Pets | Bugging Out With Man’s Best Friend
Archives2 months ago
Hurricane Survival Tips: How to Survive Natural Disasters
Family9 months ago
You Asked For It: Nana’s Biscuits Recipe