Having a functional survival watch can significantly impact your ability to thrive in the elements when worse comes to worst. However, choosing the best survival watch can be tricky as they all look great on paper. Fortunately for you, we have gotten the guesswork out by doing the hard work for you.
The Survival Watch You Need for Every Outdoor Expedition
1. Suunto Core All Black Military Men’s Outdoor Sports Watch
If you are looking for a survival watch that is as low-profile as it is streamlined, you will love this Core All Black Military Men’s Outdoor Sports Watch by Suunto. Unlike other survival watches, it is less bulky, hence doubling as an excellent everyday wear option.
The watch features a full LCD screen for perfect data viewing in place of the traditional analog face.
What It Does
The Suunto survival watch tracks altitude to monitor your climb by recording your travel as far as ascents and descents are concerned.
It also features a barometric pressure monitor that comes in handy in predicting changes in the weather patterns for adequate preparation for your outdoor activities.
The watch will also detect atmospheric pressure drops and send you alerts on oncoming storms. This gives you enough time to seek shelter, especially when you are outdoors.
The cherry on top is that the watch also records time in over 400 locations worldwide, which eases your traveling plan schedules.
- It reliably monitors the weather
- Has a modern LCD screen
- It is affordable
- The band could do with enhanced durability
2. Casio G-Shock Mudmaster Men’s Watch
Casio is renowned for its high-quality survival watches, and it’s no wonder their G-SHOCK Mudmaster is popular with adventurers. With high-quality plastic housing, you can bet this survival watch is ultra-durable.
What’s more, it has a rugged perimeter reinforced with shock-absorbing features that protect your timepiece during bumps and tumbles.
What It Does
The wristwatch features a solar charging system which adds more power to the already high-capacity battery that can last up to 25 months if stored in complete darkness.
Similarly, Casio’s survival watch also offers temperature readings, directional information on a digital screen, and barometric pressure data. Though the piece features an analog watch face, it also incorporates LED lights to help when exploring under low-light conditions.
- It’s water and shock-resistant
- Durable with a tough make
- Features a solar charging system hence increasing battery life
- Does not have a snugly fit on tiny wrists
3. Casio G-SHOCK RANGEMAN Solar-Assisted GPS Navigation GPR-B1000-1JR Mens
If it’s from Casio, you bet it is loaded with a wide array of functions that come in handy in various survival and everyday situations.
What It Does
Firstly, the timepiece comes with GPS technology connecting to satellites to provide data about your exact location.
Also, you can use it to track your trek effortlessly or to get real-time location information. Similarly, it saves data enabling you to backtrack and measure the progress you are making.
Moreover, the watch can be connected to a smartphone via Bluetooth, in which you can view 3D maps and create your routes within the Casio App.
With a triple sensor system, you can measure the barometric pressure, compass bearing, and temperature from the watch face. Though the watch face resembles an average digital readout, the full LCD shows data and graphics.
Even with GPS technology that runs non-stop, you don’t have to worry as the watch has a high-capacity battery. Moreover, if the battery runs low, you can use its built-in solar charger for more power – while the GPS is turned off.
- Besides being shock-resistant, the watch is also water-resistant
- Has a stellar G-SHOCK quality make
- The GPS navigation is accurate
- Has a wide array of functions
- Features an easy-to-read watch face
- It is rather expensive
4. Men’s Citizen Eco-Drive Promaster Altichron Black Polyurethane Strap and Black Dial Watch
With its sporty and sleek design, the Eco-Drive Promaster Altichron by Citizen is the survival watch to cop for its professional look and survival functionality.
Having been originally made for outdoor enthusiasts, especially hikers, the watch is loaded with a ton of useful survival functionalities.
What It Does
Besides having an inbuilt date clock and compass, the watch also features an altimeter that measures altitude in the range of 1,000 and 35,000 feet.
Secondly, the watch will rarely need a battery change as it taps into solar energy to keep the battery fully charged every time. What’s more, it also responds to artificial light to keep the battery charged up.
With a body built out of black-ion steel and anti-reflective mineral crystal, you can bet that the durability of this timepiece is almost guaranteed. This applies to the band, too, as it is made out of black polyurethane.
- Has an effective compass and altimeter
- It is water-resistant up to 200 meters.
- Features a strong anti-reflective mineral crystal face
- Its synthetic material is flexible but doesn’t soak up water.
- It is affordable
- Comes with fewer whistles and bells.
5. Casio Men’s Pro Trek Stainless Steel Quartz Watch
Are you looking for a watch that provides accurate information through prolific monitoring systems? Check out the Pro Trek Stainless Steel Quartz by Casio.
What It Does
Though it comes with traditional quartz technology, the watch also has multi-band atomic timekeeping. Therefore, at least six times a day, the watch receives a radio signal that keeps it calibrated, guaranteeing you top-notch time accuracy.
The watch is also designed to collect data on barometric pressure, altitude, and temperature using Pro Trek Version 3 Triple Sensor. The Pro Trek Version 3 Triple Sensor is more accurate than the regular sensors, making all the difference.
Thirdly, this piece also displays the direction you’re facing using a digital display that is more precise than the analog gauge.
With such high-power sensors, the battery is the last thing you need to worry about, as it stays charged. This is thanks, in part, to an integrated solar panel.
- It is water-resistant for up to 100 meters.
- Great value for your money
- It is durable
- Loaded with multiple functionalities
- Slightly less robust compared to other survival watches
6. Suunto Traverse Alpha
Besides having a smart and rugged build, the Traverse Alpha survival watch has plenty of other features for you to enjoy. Not only is this timepiece tough, but it also has the looks with a knurled stainless-steel housing with a protective brown finish.
What It Does
Having been originally designed for hunters, it features a GPS technology that records GPS coordinates in intervals to create a breadcrumb to your hunting or hiking trail. As a result, the graphics on the screen can help you backtrack your adventure to find stopping points.
- Accurate GPS functions
- Comes in a durable design
- The readout design could be a bit bigger
7. Seiko Men’s Black Nylon NATO Strap Automatic Watch
Automatic Watch by Seiko if you are looking for a mechanical watch that will do well in rough conditions. To provide even more protection to the elements inside, Seiko applied a hard coating.
What It Does
This watch has a typical watch face with large dials for clear visibility. The watch also features a small date dial to help you stay on track with your schedule.
What’s more, the watch is automatic and powered by movement. Therefore, the watch will stay on regardless of how long your journey takes.
- Come in handy in keeping time
- Durable due to its robust exterior
- Lacks major survival functions
Watch this video by 10TopTech on best military watches for survival from 2020:
We hope you find this survival watch roundup insightful. By comparing the size, cost, durability, water-resistance, and power source of each of these watches, you are set to make an informative decision on the one best suited for you.
Which of these survival watches will be getting for yourself this year? Let us know in the comment section below!
- 31 Outdoor Survival Skills For The True Outdoorsman
- 23 Best Survival Knife Brands You Can Trust
- Electrical Backup For A Gas Furnace
Calling all preppers, craftsmen, bushmasters, outdoorsmen, and all-around skilled people, Survival Life needs YOU! Click here if you want to write for us.
Last update on 2021-07-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- 050 Bug Out Locations – A Preppers Paradise [PODCAST]
- 049 Prepper Teens – Give them a Freakin Job Already [PODCAST]
- List of Things NOT To Do When SHTF | Prepping for SHTF
- 051 World’s End Apothecary – The Doc is In [PODCAST]
- Staying Cool in The Summer While Hunting in The Woods
- US Alarmed as Saudis Threaten to Expose Secrets [PODCAST]
- Are You Prepared For A Famine In The US?
Camping2 months ago
21 Savory Campfire Recipes For Delicious Meals Outdoors
Camping1 month ago
26 Badass Camping Hacks For Your Next Trip
Homemade Survival Equipment3 months ago
8 Unusual Booby Traps To Protect Your Home
Do It Yourself5 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Self Sufficiency6 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still