With temperatures finally cooling down, it’s the ideal time to add this outdoor survival meal to your dinner menu. These potato, corn and carrot foil packets are a healthy and hearty choice – and all you need is a grill and an open flame.
Prepare Your Own Outdoor Survival Meal
When it comes to outdoor survival, your food supply is extremely important. Because you won’t always have access to meat, it’s crucial to have a back-up plan. An all-veggie meal is a great solution if you’re trying to ration your supply of meat, and it’s also packed with essential nutrients. These potato and veggie foil packets take minimal effort – just chop up your veggies, sprinkle on some seasoning, and heat them over an open flame. Best of all, most of these ingredients are relatively inexpensive, so it’s a great go-to meal that is both hearty and delicious.
What you’ll need for your outdoor survival meal:
- 7-8 small red potatoes
- 2 ears corn, shucked and cut into 2-3 pieces
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. steak seasoning
- pinch of salt and pepper
How to make your outdoor survival meal:
1. Prepare four sheets of aluminum foil, about 18×12 inches each.
2. Boil the potatoes until they’re just barely cooked. Chop them up into quarters.
3. Spread potatoes, corn, onion, carrots and bell pepper between 4 sheets of foil. Sprinkle steak seasoning over packets, a little olive oil and sprinkle of salt.
4. Fold foil over veggies so edges meet, then seal the edges.
5. Set foil packet on the grill for 20-22 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
For awesome survival gear you can’t make at home, check out the Survival Life Store!
Want more survival meal ideas? Check out the posts below!
Breaking News Alert: Facebook Is Suppressing Politically Conservative Content. Join PatriotPlanet.com Today and Let Your Voice Be Heard.
- Winter Driving Tips to Keep You Safe | Emergency Preparedness
- Non-Potable Water | Types and How to Spot Them | What You Need To Know
- How To Have Potable Water Anywhere | Emergency Preparedness
- How To Get Rid of Raccoons [Infographic]
- Instant Mashed Potatoes: Awesome Survival Food?
- Are You Prepared? 2020 Winter Holiday Travel Prep Tips
- 37 Urban Survival Skills To Master Before SHTF
Alternative Energy9 months ago
An Emergency Candle That Noah Would Be Proud Of
Do It Yourself2 months ago
82 Uses for Paracord That Will Surprise You
Do It Yourself9 months ago
A SHTF Plan For Your Pets | Bugging Out With Man’s Best Friend
Archives2 months ago
Hurricane Survival Tips: How to Survive Natural Disasters
Family9 months ago
You Asked For It: Nana’s Biscuits Recipe