With winter's end just around the corner, it's the ideal time to add this survival meal to your outdoor cooking menu. These grilled beef, carrot and potato bundles require minimal effort – all you need is foil and an open flame.
Survival Meal: Beef, Carrot & Potato Bundles
Staying warm in the winter with an outdoor survival meal that is hearty and delicious. These beef, carrot and potato bundles take minimal effort – just chop them up, spread on some butter, and throw them over an open flame. Most importantly, this survival meal is cooked in foil packets, so it requires very few ingredients and minimal effort. Check out the easy-to-follow recipe below, and let us know your own survival meal ideas in the comments.
What you'll need for your survival meal:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 large potato, sliced thin (peeled or unpeeled)
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
- 1 small onion, sliced
- seasoned salt
- garlic powder
- black pepper
How to prepare your survival meal:
1. Divide the ground beef into four equal portions. Place them each onto their own sheet of aluminum foil.
2. Shake a bit of seasoned salt over the meat, then add some onion and potato slices. Sprinkle with a bit of seasoned salt and some garlic powder.
3. Add carrot sticks and place a scoop or two of butter on top.
4. Carefully bring up two of the sides of foil and fold over to seal, leaving a pocket of air if possible.
5. Seal the ends and place on the grill over medium-low heat or coals. Close the grill and let cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the meat is cooked through.
Check out the full recipe in the video below!
Cook this bundle over the Biolite, start a fire, boil water and power your small electronics. Buy it here.
For awesome survival gear you can't make at home, check out the Survival Life Store!
Want more survival meal ideas? Check out the posts below!
Paracord Projects2 months ago
Paracord Projects | 36 Cool Paracord Ideas For Your Paracord Survival Projects
Paracord Projects5 months ago
How To Make Paracord Survival Bracelets | DIY Survival Prepping
Medical Care4 months ago
21 Home Remedies For Toothache Pain Relief
Do It Yourself5 months ago
Survival DIY: How To Melt Aluminum Cans For Casting
Knife Laws3 months ago
Are Switchblades Legal? Knife Laws By State