A young mom was shot twice during a home invasion this week, but heroically defended her life and her infant with her husband’s gun.
Semantha Bunce, a 21-year-old combat medic with the National Guard, was feeding her 4-month-old son, Bentley, when the nightmare began.
Bunce’s husband was at work and their daughter at school when the attackers kicked down the door of the North Carolina home.
Bunce frantically rushed the baby up to the bedroom and grabbed her husband’s legally-owned pistol.
“I think it was a shock to the intruders just as much as it was to her,” Paul Bunce, her husband, told WSOC-TV.
She exchanged fire with the intruders, chasing them off, but was seriously wounded.
Bunce remains in the hospital but is in stable condition, reports WCNC. Family members say she will need at least one more surgery.
Want to know about home invasion defense tips? Check out these great articles on our site:
- Beginning Preps Home Security [PODCAST]
- How To Prepare For Hyperinflation
- Kubotan | How to Use a Kubotan in 3 Easy Steps
- ZPacks Review | Top 10 Best ZPacks Backpacking and Camping Gear
- Beginning Preps Series Food Storage [PODCAST]
- National Grid Outage | How to Prepare for Power Grid Failure
- Start Here Prepping Basic’s The Get Home Bag [PODCAST]
Cooking5 months ago
21 Savory Campfire Recipes For Delicious Meals Outdoors
Camping4 months ago
26 Badass Camping Hacks For Your Next Trip
Security6 months ago
8 Unusual Booby Traps To Protect Your Home
Do It Yourself8 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Water Purification9 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still