Luis Ortiz doesn’t remember much about that fateful September day when he almost lost his life because of a “wiggling” worm in his brain.
The 26-year-old California resident was skateboarding near his parents’ home in Napa when the headaches he’d been having for several days suddenly intensified. After Ortiz returned home, he felt disoriented and began vomiting.
“That’s where it gets kind of blurry for me,” he told the Napa Valley Register.
Ortiz’s mother rushed him to the hospital, but his condition steadily worsened. Ortiz fell into a coma and doctors were forced to create a small hole in his head to drain his swollen brain.
After a series of tests, the cause of the swelling was pinpointed: There was a live tapeworm larva trapped deep inside Ortiz’s brain.
“It was still wiggling and moving around,” Ortiz told the Los Angeles Times.
Want more? Check out other articles on our site:
- Rural vs Urban Prepping [PODCAST]
- 31 Clever Camping Food Hacks | Easy Ideas, Cool Gadgets, Meal Prep
- The Benefits of Having a Camping Lantern
- Camping Holidays – Advantages and Disadvantages
- Prepper Mistakes | Why Survivalists DIE [PODCAST]
- 7 Best Bear Spray For Self-Defense
- Transform Fear Into Super Human Power [WL 358] [PODCAST]
Cooking4 months ago
21 Savory Campfire Recipes For Delicious Meals Outdoors
Camping3 months ago
26 Badass Camping Hacks For Your Next Trip
Security5 months ago
8 Unusual Booby Traps To Protect Your Home
Do It Yourself7 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Water Purification8 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still