Today’s podcast is about the 10 Life Skills that we should teach every child.
10 Life Skills We Should Teach Every Child
The following are the original show notes from that episode.
Well the truth is these are 10 life skills we should be teaching every child and many adults who never learned. them. I have done shows like this before but I want to come at it from a slightly different angle today. More along the lines of the process behind the skills. In other words you can teach someone to cook but showing them how a stove and a knife works and giving them recipes.
That is basic technique teaching. Or you can teach the process and theory behind cooking and a person can then create meals on the fly with whatever you give them. Think about how a lot of TV cooking competition shows go today. Okay guys here are jelly beans and fish, make something. Not kidding that is a recent show I saw. Or like on Guy’s Grocery Games, you see something like this “here you get 12 bucks to make dinner”, sounds easy but “you only get to take items from three random isles in the grocery store”.
How can you do this if you always use a recipe when you cook?
If you learn to build things but only by following a blue print and materials list, how can you make up a blue print and materials list for an idea that is for now only in your head?
How can you start from scratch without understanding the underlying process and theory behind a skill?
The answer is you can’t.
Today we look at changing that.
We consider some of the possible financial upside as well.
Join Me Today to Discuss…
- Understanding what to do is not the same as understanding why it is done a certain way
- The Ten Life Skills
- Meat Cutting
- Animal Husbandry
- Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Mental Simulation of an Event (job interview, asking for a date, etc.)
- Logical Analysis of a Claim
- Presentation and Teaching Skills
- Maps and Navigation Skills
- Final Thoughts – Do you really have all these skills yourself, do you want them.
- Understanding procedures makes you competent, understanding theory makes you fearless and valuable
Do you really have all these skills yourself? Do you want them. Let us know in the comments section below what other life skills you think kids should learn early in life.
You Might Also Like:
- How To Build A Children’s Survival Kit
- Disaster Preparedness: Prepping with Kids
- 5 Ways How Bolt Cutters Can Be Useful During Emergencies
Calling all preppers, craftsmen, bushmasters, outdoorsmen, and all-around skilled people, Survival Life needs YOU! Click here if you want to write for us.
- The 5 Most Basic Types of Campfires and What They’re For
- Mike Glover Talks about Lessons Learned from the Colonial Pipeline Shutdown [PODCAST]
- How to Book a Campsite from Parks to RVs to Backyards
- Kevin Estela and Bill Rapier Discuss Lessons Learned in Preparedness Before and After the Military [PODCAST]
- How To Survive Without Electricity For The Rest Of Your Life
- Living On The Edge [PODCAST]
- How to Build A Campfire
Camping3 days ago
21 Savory Campfire Recipes For Delicious Meals Outdoors
Homemade Survival Equipment1 month ago
8 Unusual Booby Traps To Protect Your Home
Do It Yourself4 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Self Sufficiency5 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still
Do It Yourself4 months ago
Knifemaking: Make A Knife From An Old Wrench