Bolt cutters are more than just cutting wires and cables. They are powerful cutting tools that can also be very useful during emergency situations.
Find out more about how a bolt cutter can be useful during emergencies, from breaking padlocks and trimming metals, to tearing away plasterboards!
Bolt Cutters and Their Uses | Emergencies & Beyond
1. Cut Through Wire, Fencing, or Rebars
Critical moments like fires are where bolt cutters can come in handy. They’re powerful enough to cut wires, metal fences, and even snap rebars.
2. Break Free From Shackles or Locks
Bolt cutters can save the day for those who lost their precious keys. But depending on your shackle or cable lock, a standard and small bolt cutter might not able to cut through.
- Note: cutting locks is not recommended
- Drop forged chrome molybdenum steel and powder coated jaws for sure, efficient cutting and long life. Ergonomic bi-material...
- Classic lever-fulcrum design and precisely aligned blades deliver added leverage with less effort
If you have a max-performance cable lock, using a heavy-duty firehouse bolt cutter might be the answer.
3. Cut Through Live Electrical Wire (If With Fiberglass Handles)
A bolt cutter can be crucial for life or death situations like this. Before cutting a live electrical wire, make sure your bolt cutter has a fiberglass handle to keep the situation from being bad to worst!
4. Useful for Trimming Metals
Accidents like car crashes need bolt cutters to set people free. A heavy-duty bolt cutter is a perfect alternative for hydraulic rescue tools in assisting vehicle extrication.
5. Great for Tearing Away Plasterboards
Breaking News Alert: Let’s face it Twitter and Facebook hate Conservatives. We need to ban together more than ever. Join PatriotPlanet.com Today and Let Your Voice Be Heard. We Will Not Suppress Your Political Content! Join Today!
Accessing wall cavities makes a bolt cutter an important tool for rescue operations. In times of fire emergency, bolt cutters will help cut away plasterboard to access wall cavities and rescue people who are trapped inside.
There you have it! Now you know how important it is to have a bolt cutter within reach. Add a bolt cutter to your bug-out bag or survival kit because this powerful tool will give you an advantage during times of crisis.
Do you know other uses of bolt cutters during an emergency situation? Let us know in the comments section below!
- 6 Self Defense Tools Every Prepper Should Have
- Prepping Supplies 101: Getting Ready For a Pandemic
- How To Make A Ghillie Suit From Scratch
Calling all preppers, craftsmen, bushmasters, outdoorsmen, and all-around skilled people, Survival Life needs YOU! Click here if you want to write for us.
Last update on 2021-02-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Best Ham Radio | Top Choices To Amateur Radios You Can Use
- Ice Fishing 101 | Everything You Need To Know
- 9 Steps To Make Your Home Impenetrable
- Lockpicking | How To Pick A Lock And Tools You Can Use For Lockpicking
- 15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
- 5 Ways How Bolt Cutters Can Be Useful During Emergencies
- Paracord Knots And Hitches | How To Make Paracord Hitches
Do It Yourself5 days ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Self Sufficiency1 month ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still
Do It Yourself2 weeks ago
Knifemaking: Make A Knife From An Old Wrench
Do It Yourself5 months ago
82 Uses for Paracord That Will Surprise You
Do It Yourself12 months ago
A SHTF Plan For Your Pets | Bugging Out With Man’s Best Friend