An ingrown toenail can be an incredibly painful and annoying ailment to suffer from.
Aside from the discomfort, ingrown toenails also often get infected.
These infections cause swelling and inflammation, making the toe even more painful.
We have some great home remedies for removing the ingrown toenail, making it grow straight again, and healing infections.
To avoid infection and a visit to the doctor, take care of the problem early using these ingrown toenail treatment tips.
Ingrown Toenail Information:
Recognizing, preventing, and home remedies for ingrown toenails.
Ingrown Toenail Treatment:
1. Clean the foot with soap and water, then sanitize the toe with rubbing alcohol.
2. With a clean instrument, remove any dead skin that might be in the way of the toenail.
3. Once the edge of the toenail is visible, pull the nail up as much as possible with tweezers.
4. Clean off any blood with cotton balls and rubbing alcohol.
5. Apply ice to the toe to take down swelling and numb the area.
6. Use tweezers to pull the edge of the nail free of the swollen outer-edge of the toe.
7. Using your tweezers, grab the area of the nail that was growing into the toe and pull it out.
8. Clip the edge to be even with the rest of the nail.
9. Remove any blood with cotton balls and rubbing alcohol.
10. Apply antibiotic ointment to the toe.
11. Take a pain killer to help with the swelling and pain.
12. If signs of infection continue, soak foot in warm water and epsom salt.
Ingrown toenail removal video-
For more home remedies, check out the links below.
Like this post?
Be sure to like us on Facebook (button below) so you can be the first to know about latest survival tips and off the grid living skills.