A New Way to Put That Old Bacon Grease to Use
Growing up, my mom always kept an old jar of bacon grease on top of the fridge.
She mostly used it for cooking — at least, that’s what she said it was for. More than anything, it seemed like it just sat there for ages.
I’m a big fan of finding a use for everything and never throwing anything away, even if it’s just old fat. With a little creativity, you can find a purpose for just about everything.
The video below from one of our favorite Youtubers, the Crazy Russian Hacker, shows you how to make an emergency candle out of old bacon grease. Check it out, and be sure to share your own DIY survival tips in the comments!
Want more DIY projects? Check out these related articles from our website:
- Are You Prepared? 2020 Winter Holiday Travel Prep Tips
- 37 Urban Survival Skills To Master Before SHTF
- 11 Uncommon Aluminum Foil Survival Uses
- Deer Hunting For Beginners: How To Get Started
- How To Prepare For Lockdown 2.0
- What To Prepare For In 2021: 4 Things To Prioritize
- 14 Rare Medical Preps Every Prepper Should Stock Up On NOW
Alternative Energy9 months ago
An Emergency Candle That Noah Would Be Proud Of
Do It Yourself2 months ago
82 Uses for Paracord That Will Surprise You
Do It Yourself9 months ago
A SHTF Plan For Your Pets | Bugging Out With Man’s Best Friend
Archives2 months ago
Hurricane Survival Tips: How to Survive Natural Disasters
Family9 months ago
You Asked For It: Nana’s Biscuits Recipe