A New Way to Put That Old Bacon Grease to Use
Growing up, my mom always kept an old jar of bacon grease on top of the fridge.
She mostly used it for cooking — at least, that’s what she said it was for. More than anything, it seemed like it just sat there for ages.
I’m a big fan of finding a use for everything and never throwing anything away, even if it’s just old fat. With a little creativity, you can find a purpose for just about everything.
The video below from one of our favorite Youtubers, the Crazy Russian Hacker, shows you how to make an emergency candle out of old bacon grease. Check it out, and be sure to share your own DIY survival tips in the comments!
Want more DIY projects? Check out these related articles from our website:
- 049 Prepper Teens – Give them a Freakin Job Already [PODCAST]
- List of Things NOT To Do When SHTF | Prepping for SHTF
- 051 World’s End Apothecary – The Doc is In [PODCAST]
- Staying Cool in The Summer While Hunting in The Woods
- US Alarmed as Saudis Threaten to Expose Secrets [PODCAST]
- Are You Prepared For A Famine In The US?
- Mark of the mRNA Beast [PODCAST]
Camping2 months ago
21 Savory Campfire Recipes For Delicious Meals Outdoors
Camping1 month ago
26 Badass Camping Hacks For Your Next Trip
Homemade Survival Equipment3 months ago
8 Unusual Booby Traps To Protect Your Home
Do It Yourself5 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Self Sufficiency6 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still