What Makes A Survival Vehicle?
- A vehicle with high ground clearance and 4×4 is enough to get through most terrain.
- Make sure it’s fully functional and defect-free. Every component is essential.
- It should be equipped with supplies. That includes basics such as: communication and navigational tools, food, water, rope, and other outdoor paraphernalia.
- Have traction ladders attached to avoid getting stuck in rough terrain.
- Have spare tires and a changing kit.
What’s the difference between an everyday a car and a survival vehicle?
A survival vehicle can drive on all sorts of terrains. It’s equipped with all the survival equipment you would need should you find yourself stranded or in a SHTF situation. It’s in top running condition and you know you can rely on it when the going gets tough. Most importantly, it’s driven by someone who knows how to handle such a vehicle and isn’t afraid to do what needs to be done in a survival situation.
The infographic below from makeuseof.com shows ou how to turn your car into the “ultimate survival machine” by making sure it’s properly equipped for whatever road you find yourself on.
Want to learn more? Check out these related articles:
EDITOR'S SPECIAL: Get the #1 tactical folding knife in the world!