Do you love the outdoors but don’t know how to book a campsite? Here is everything you need to know about your opinions and how to book a campsite.
An Overview on How to Book a Campsite in Various Ways
The Classic Option
According to experts, besides straight up looking at a park’s website, other reliable resources can help you out. For instance, you can find up to 3600 facilities and 103,000 individual recreation sites at Recreation.gov. Here, you also get a chance to participate in lotteries for sought-after permits, such as an overnight stay at Mount Rainier National Park backcountry.
Other great resources include Campendium, the Dryt, Reserve America, Campspot, and Pitchup.com. With these websites and apps, you get to browse and explore campsites for amenities, reviews, and even whether or not it is pet and child-friendly.
- TripAdvisor offers campsite reviews so that you know what to expect and pack accordingly.
- First-come-first-serve spots are a great alternative when you do not land a reservation in popular parks.
- Campnab, on the other hand, will inform you of emerging slots on sold-out campgrounds.
- Another great alternative is booking campsites near a national park. Campspot is an excellent option for this hack.
The Free Option
While every camper in America is rushing in for the traditional or classic camping options, you might want to try out dispersed camping. This is usually free camping outside designated campsites.
Maps on the Dryt are a great place to find public land designated dispersed for camping. They also provide valuable information on how long you can stay.
- Experts advise finding spots near water and shade and leaving the place in better conditions than you found it. OnX, iOverlander, and Guthook are reliable resources for finding legal dispersed camping grounds.
- New campers should familiarize themselves with the rules and regulations of the area beforehand.
- Referencing Google Maps will help you find spots near water and within the trails in a given area.
- The Bureau of Land Management is also an excellent source of information on available public land for camping.
Note: Even with all these online resources, it is advisable to check with the Forest Service or a ranger for more accurate information.
The Sharing-Economy Option
In the same way, we have ride-sharing options with Uber or house-sharing with Vrbo; we also share options for campsites. Here, Tentrr and Hipcamp connect landowners with campers for private campground opportunities, as well as listing on tent camping, treehouses, cabins and RV parks.
Note: While this option will not be as incredible as camping in a park, it is doable. It is an excellent place for new campers to start as they progress to the natural wilderness.
The RV Option
Campspot and RV Trip Wizard will help you find large commercial sites and mom-and-pop rental options if you want to join the RV craze this year. RV owners are also another great source of camping suggestions.
Watch this video by 5-Minute DECOR on 38 essential camping hacks | 5-Minute tips for a perfect summer escape:
There you have outdoorsmen and ladies. With this information, you have a great place to start, especially if you are new to camping. If you have been camping for some time and have some experience, you now know about other available options that you might not have tried out already.
Do you have a camping hack you’d love to share with us? Let us know in the comment section below!
- 10 Best Winter Camping Gear To Keep You Warm On Your Adventures
- 5 Useful Tips For Camping In The Rain
- 12 Survival Items to Score at Home Depot
Calling all preppers, craftsmen, bushmasters, outdoorsmen, and all-around skilled people, Survival Life needs YOU! Click here if you want to write for us.
Cooking3 months ago
21 Savory Campfire Recipes For Delicious Meals Outdoors
Camping3 months ago
26 Badass Camping Hacks For Your Next Trip
Security4 months ago
8 Unusual Booby Traps To Protect Your Home
Do It Yourself7 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Water Purification8 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still