Your Zombie Survival Guide Courtesy of the U.S. Army
—This post is Syndicated. Original publish date Sep 28, 2015 on Buzzfeed.com—
With a little training, the U.S. Army can give you all the skills you need to deal with some brain-sucking zombies (doesn’t hurt to have a few Army buds around either).
1. Get your escape vehicle to purr when you need to outrun the horde.
Training as an Avionic Mechanic will ensure that you are always able to get moving when stuck between a rock and a pack of brain nibblers.
2. Map out the area surrounding your base in order to track hordes of flesh suckers.
Not only are Geospatial Engineers trained to map out terrain, but they can find some great naturally occurring hideouts that could be useful to know when running from that horde.
3. Know if a wound is going to lead to any undead behavior.
Take a page out of the Army Medicine’s book and learn to make quick and effective medical decisions so your friends don’t have to endure endless paper-cut pain.
4. Use subtle questions to find out where villainous factions are hoarding food from the people.
You can learn a thing or two from Human Intelligence Collectors in order to become the hero of a world full of slowly decomposing cannibals.
5. Keep the power running so that you can work at night with a safe defensive perimeter.
Tools learned as a Power Generation Equipment Repairer will help you keep the lights on and the undead out.
6. Pilot a fleet of bulldozers to clear any cluttered road you’re trying to get down.
Horizontal Construction training will be a surprisingly important set of skills for everything from rebuilding civilization to mowing down the undead horde that is blocking your way to the old burrito factory.
7. Keep track of the essential weapons you’ll need when going out for supplies.
Organization is going to be key during the zombie apocalypse, so having the skills of an Ammunition Specialist is what will separate the chainsaw-wielders from the broomstick-grunts.
8. Build a sick underground base and wait for everything above ground to work itself out.
Having a comprehensive range of skills as an Engineer is going to garner you some pretty sweet real estate once the pandemic takes root.
9. Use science to cure the scourge for good.
Skills as a Biochemist will probably make you an instant apocalypse celebrity.
- Skill Vs Gear [PODCAST]
- Food Rationing [PODCAST]
- What To Own When The Dollar Collapses
- Kevin Estela and the Flip Flop BBQ Guy | Grilling Technique [PODCAST]
- 25 Overlooked Prepping Items [PODCAST]
- Headlamps | The Best Headlamps of 2021
- Pillars of Leadership | Kevin Owens and Silver Star Recipient Sean Kirkwood [PODCAST]
Cooking4 months ago
21 Savory Campfire Recipes For Delicious Meals Outdoors
Camping4 months ago
26 Badass Camping Hacks For Your Next Trip
Security5 months ago
8 Unusual Booby Traps To Protect Your Home
Do It Yourself8 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Water Purification9 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still