Iodine tablets are one of the best ways to purify drinking water when you don’t have access to a fresh water source.
Out in the wilderness, there’s almost nothing more important than having water. While a person can live up to three weeks without food, you will die — or at least start to experience severe problems — after three days without water.
But just having water isn’t enough. Your water needs to be clean and drinkable. This can be a challenge in the wilderness, where water can be contaminated with a variety of bacteria and other disease-causing agents.
Enter iodine tablets.
In the video below, ‘Above Average’ Joe gives you the inside scoop on iodine tablets — one of the best ways to purify water on the go.
- Virtually smokeless and residue-free solid fuel tablets used to cook and heat food and beverages, boil water, or start campfires
- Contains 12 tablets; each 14-gram tablet burns approximately 12 minutes and up to 1300°F;
Want to learn more about water purification? Check out these related posts.
Last update on 2020-12-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Breaking News Alert: Facebook Is Suppressing Politically Conservative Content. Join PatriotPlanet.com Today and Let Your Voice Be Heard.
- Winter Driving Tips to Keep You Safe | Emergency Preparedness
- Non-Potable Water | Types and How to Spot Them | What You Need To Know
- How To Have Potable Water Anywhere | Emergency Preparedness
- How To Get Rid of Raccoons [Infographic]
- Instant Mashed Potatoes: Awesome Survival Food?
- Are You Prepared? 2020 Winter Holiday Travel Prep Tips
- 37 Urban Survival Skills To Master Before SHTF
Alternative Energy9 months ago
An Emergency Candle That Noah Would Be Proud Of
Do It Yourself2 months ago
82 Uses for Paracord That Will Surprise You
Do It Yourself9 months ago
A SHTF Plan For Your Pets | Bugging Out With Man’s Best Friend
Archives2 months ago
Hurricane Survival Tips: How to Survive Natural Disasters
Family9 months ago
You Asked For It: Nana’s Biscuits Recipe