Iodine tablets are one of the best ways to purify drinking water when you don’t have access to a fresh water source.
Out in the wilderness, there’s almost nothing more important than having water. While a person can live up to three weeks without food, you will die — or at least start to experience severe problems — after three days without water.
But just having water isn’t enough. Your water needs to be clean and drinkable. This can be a challenge in the wilderness, where water can be contaminated with a variety of bacteria and other disease-causing agents.
Enter iodine tablets.
In the video below, ‘Above Average’ Joe gives you the inside scoop on iodine tablets — one of the best ways to purify water on the go.
- Virtually smokeless and residue-free solid fuel tablets used to cook and heat food and beverages, boil water, or start...
- Contains 12 tablets; each 14-gram tablet burns approximately 12 minutes and up to 1300°F;
- Ideal for boiling water and cooking; one tablet boils 500 ml of water in about 8 minutes
Want to learn more about water purification? Check out these related posts.
Last update on 2021-06-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Mike Glover talks with Tony Blauer about the SPEAR System and Improving Preparedness [PODCAST]
- Mosquito Repelling Plants For An Itch-Free Garden
- An Intro to Homesteading [PODCAST]
- How To Choose A Tent That Is Right For You
- 26 Badass Camping Hacks For Your Next Trip
- Survival Navigation – Lost in The Woods Survival [PODCAST]
- Seed Starting for Preppers – What You Need to Know
Camping1 week ago
21 Savory Campfire Recipes For Delicious Meals Outdoors
Camping2 days ago
26 Badass Camping Hacks For Your Next Trip
Homemade Survival Equipment1 month ago
8 Unusual Booby Traps To Protect Your Home
Do It Yourself4 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Self Sufficiency5 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still