Taking Students Out of Their “Safe Space”
Let’s face it: college education has become a little…how should I put it?…silly over the past several years.
It seems that today’s young adults are afraid to have their viewpoints challenged, their feelings hurt, and to be exposed to the harsh realities of the world. Censorship is rampant. College campuses these days have “safe spaces” and “free speech” zones in order to protect these young, delicate minds from encountering anything challenging or uncomfortable.
If you ask me, we aren’t doing them any favors by bubble wrapping the world for them. Students need to learn how to fend for themselves, how to deal with the real world and how to handle crisis situations should the need arise.
Apparently at least one college agrees. Frostburg State University in Maryland offers survival and preparedness courses for its students. To learn more about what they’re teaching and how it’s making a difference, check out the article below.
Want to learn more? Check out these related articles from our website:
- 050 Bug Out Locations – A Preppers Paradise [PODCAST]
- 25 Ways To Get Clean Drinking Water In An Emergency
- 049 Prepper Teens – Give them a Freakin Job Already [PODCAST]
- List of Things NOT To Do When SHTF | Prepping for SHTF
- 051 World’s End Apothecary – The Doc is In [PODCAST]
- Staying Cool in The Summer While Hunting in The Woods
- 5 Things You Should Never Do When Camping Alone
Camping2 months ago
21 Savory Campfire Recipes For Delicious Meals Outdoors
Camping1 month ago
26 Badass Camping Hacks For Your Next Trip
Homemade Survival Equipment3 months ago
8 Unusual Booby Traps To Protect Your Home
Do It Yourself5 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Self Sufficiency6 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still