How to Prepare for a Natural Disaster
When making your disaster preparedness plans, it’s important to have all your bases covered.
Natural disasters are very unpredictable — some more so than others. A hurricane can be tracked for days or weeks, giving you time to make preparations. An earthquake or tornado, on the other hand, is much more difficult to predict. But the bottom line is that no matter where you live or what season it is, you’re never completely safe from a natural disaster. This is why it’s best to make sure that you and your family have adequate supplies and a plan in place at all times — just in case the worst should happen when you least expect it.
The following infographic, originally pinned by The Survival Mom, lists tips for preparing for any type of natural disaster. Use this infographic when building your own disaster preparedness kits, and you’ll always be prepared for whatever lies ahead.
Want more information on preparing for natural disasters? Check out these related articles from our site:
- Survival Food – Raising Rabbits for Meat | Plus Fur Project Ideas
- Stories of Survival: Ada Blackjack
- I MADE IT MYSELF: Forging a Knife from Rebar
- Goats Are Underrated: 10 Reasons You Need Goats
- What To Look For In A Survival Boot
- The Complete Guide To Knife Steel Quality
- Primitive Shelter Building: A Necessary Skill