The U.S. State Department has just issued a worldwide travel warning, due to increased terrorist threats. This comes as we approach the busiest travel season with Christmas coming up.
For the past couple of weeks, many people have been worried about the increased terror threat since the Nov. 13th attack in Paris, and the Mali hotel attack.
Terrorists by their very nature, tend to strike where many people congregate, typically cities, so they can spread as much fear and mayhem as possible. An attack happens when least expected.
What can you do to increase your chances of surviving a terrorist attack?
As the State Department mentioned in their warning, “citizens should be vigilant, especially in crowded places.” This means you must always be aware of your surroundings, no matter where you are. When you enter a room or building, scope out your exits so you know what direction to run to if needed. Be on guard and alert for any clues that something may be wrong. If you do get a feeling that something is wrong, follow your gut.
Have a plan
It may be hard to picture it, but imagine different scenarios that you could potentially be faced with if a terrorist attack were to happen near you.
In an active shooter situation, there are three choices:
Run, Hide or Fight
- Run away if you can find a safe way to do so. Try to do it so you don’t call attention to yourself. Don’t worry about taking your purse or other belongings-just leave!
- If you cannot run away, hide somewhere. If you are hiding in another room, turn off the lights, silence your phone and be very still.
- As a last resort, you may have to put up a fight with a weapon or improvise one.
To learn more about self defense, check out these articles:
- Are You Prepared? 2020 Winter Holiday Travel Prep Tips
- 37 Urban Survival Skills To Master Before SHTF
- 11 Uncommon Aluminum Foil Survival Uses
- Deer Hunting For Beginners: How To Get Started
- How To Prepare For Lockdown 2.0
- What To Prepare For In 2021: 4 Things To Prioritize
- 14 Rare Medical Preps Every Prepper Should Stock Up On NOW
Alternative Energy9 months ago
An Emergency Candle That Noah Would Be Proud Of
Do It Yourself2 months ago
82 Uses for Paracord That Will Surprise You
Do It Yourself9 months ago
A SHTF Plan For Your Pets | Bugging Out With Man’s Best Friend
Archives2 months ago
Hurricane Survival Tips: How to Survive Natural Disasters
Family9 months ago
You Asked For It: Nana’s Biscuits Recipe