In a collapse of civil order, a riot can break out in any number of scenarios…
- A Natural disaster that causes food shortages
- Political unrest that triggers protests
- Desperate revolt at food/water distribution points
- Looting during a civil breakdown
Of course you can try to avoid these types of scenarios, but the reality is, you may find yourself thrust into any one of them in the strange, uncertain times we’re currently facing. You know this to be true if you’re honest with yourself, right?
When a riot breaks out, one of the most common crowd dispersion tools used by police or military is going to be tear gas. You’ve probably seen this dozens of times in televised mob scenes in Greece, Palestine, Syria and other areas of the world where collapse is already taking place. And if you’ve ever been exposed to tear gas, you quickly realize why it’s so effective:
You can’t see a thing due to uncontrollable stinging in your eyes and massive tearing…
…breathing becomes complete agony and you’ll feel like you’re suffocating
…and you’ll run wildly in terror to get to breathable air as fast as possible.
It’s even worse if you’re protecting a spouse and children. They can quickly panic and run blindly away in agony, separating them from you and putting them at the mercy of adrenaline-fueled military or police and rampaging crowds.
The Tear Gas Riot Trigger…And What To Do About it!
Make no mistake…a stampeding mob running away from tear gas ISN’T going to politely step around you and your loved ones. They’ll trample anything in the way of their desperate scramble for oxygen and they’re just as deadly as a sniper’s bullet if you fall down. That’s why the first thing you need to do in a riot scenario is prepare yourself and those you love against tear gas so you can stay calm and escape to safety fast.
Now, the best defense against tear gas is a gas mask… but most people don’t have one on them (especially for each member of the family). So to protect yourself and those with you, here are 3 quick tips for …
How To Make An Improvised Gas Mask In A Riot:
- Have a pair of tight-fitting swim goggles in your small tactical bag – they’re fast and easy to put on and will protect your eyes from the gas.
- Always keep a plastic zip-lock bag with a bandana for each person and a small plastic bottle of cider vinegar handy. The vinegar can help neutralize the gas, so quickly empty the bottle in the bag and soak the bandanas in the vinegar before putting them over your nose and mouth to breathe easier.
- Get upwind or escape to high ground (like a hill or building roof top) – The gas stays low to the ground and high ground is more defensible if you have to fight back when things get even uglier and looting breaks out.
Now, knowing how to defend against tear gas is just one of the strategies you need to master to prepare for a complete breakdown when the $%#@ hits the fan. And if you think mobs and tear gas aren’t something you’ll encounter, think again…
All you have to do is watch the news to see that things are heating up and that even in small towns, violence can erupt – especially during a natural disaster when people get hungry and desperate.
Neighbors can quickly become an angry mob and there are things you should be doing NOW just in case. You may only have mere seconds to react and your first moves could mean the difference between life or death.
Here’s a collection of 250 “collapse survival” tips, just like this one, that you can use to prepare now for any disaster, crisis or attack:
This is a must-have for any serious patriot.
Read more with these related articles from our site:
Do It Yourself5 months ago
Paracord Projects | 36 Cool Paracord Ideas For Your Paracord Survival Projects
Do It Yourself8 months ago
How To Make Paracord Survival Bracelets | DIY Survival Prepping
Do It Yourself7 months ago
21 Home Remedies For Toothache Pain Relief
Do It Yourself8 months ago
Survival DIY: How To Melt Aluminum Cans For Casting
Exports6 months ago
Are Switchblades Legal? Knife Laws By State