When you need to remove ticks, it can be anything from a minor annoyance or a major problem. Apart from giving you some irritation and discomfort, ticks can also transmit serious health problems to humans as well as animals.
Most ticks that get into our homes come from pets, dogs and cats in particular. It is important to check your pet for parasites and remove ticks as soon as possible. If you find a tick biting your skin, remove it immediately.
Here is a video on how to take remove ticks from your skin, followed by a step-by-step tutorial.
How To Remove Ticks | A Quick Fix For Ticks
Step-By-Step Guide To Remove Ticks
1. Use a pointy tweezer
You will need a pointed tweezer to make sure you have a good grip on the tick without crushing the head or leaving parts of it on your skin.
2. Grasp the tick as close to the skin as possible.
- BONUS MULTIPACK! The Natural Pet Companys Tick and Flea Removers are sold in a handy multipack, giving you two specially made tools to care for your beloved pets! Our pack includes one double-ended tweezer and one single ended hook tool, making a usually difficult task quick and easy! Your pets will stay calm and collected with no disruption to their daily routine!
- 100% NATURAL! Chemical flea treatments and creams can cause irritation on your pets sensitive skin, which is why we have developed a natural way to remove fleas and ticks! Both tools are made with high quality stainless steel that wont upset your pet!
- EASY TO USE! Our tools require no instruction; the double-ended tweezer is used to remove the smaller ticks that are hidden in your pets fur, whilst the tick hook allows you to catch the larger ticks!
3. Pull the tick up slowly and steadily.
- FREE STANDARD SHIPPING! - Do not need Prime Membership & no minimum order cost. Only apply to most States; please find out at check out.
- HEALTHY& PLEASANT! - Made from fine and flexible pins, this flea comb is effective for removing flea debris, mites, ticks, and dandruff flakes to keep your pet well groomed. The flea comb also reduces stray pet hair around your home and on your furniture, and reduces knots, shedding, and matting in pets with long fur.
- HIGH QUALITY! - With improved ergonomic handle and high quality pins. These dog and cat flea comb are quality controlled during the process of manufacturing; the hardness of the bristles is tested and controlled to lower the risk of harming your pet, yet optimize the effect catch and brushing off the fleas in your dog and cat.
3. Do not jerk or twist.
- EFFECTIVE: Using REGIROCK Flea and Tick Collar is not only the effective but also economical way to save your furry babies from different types of flea, bug, tick and other pests. This product can work as greatly as the drops and pills but cost you cheaper. Simply put the collar in your dog's neck, the entire body is protected, especially, the neck region.
- DURABLE & COMFORTABLE PROTECTION: The new formula keep the protection effective in 8 months; therefore, you can save more time and money than using other medications. Your dog no longer has to suffer from itchiness and discomfort. Furthermore, this treatment collar is non-greasy and waterproof, no need to take it off when your dog has a bath or in outdoor activities. The length of the collar is 25", it can fits for any types of doggy from 8 weeks old.
- SAFE FOR PETS AND HUMANS: We commit of totally applying Natural Plant Extract for the collar to provide a reliable prevention for your pets. This eco-friendly and nontoxic product will not bring about irritation or allergies which normally happen when using collar with harmful chemical substances.
4. Clean the bite area.
Effects of Ticks and Fleas
Ticks are annoying, and that is reason enough for tick removal. However, there are certain infections and tick-borne illnesses that you might suffer from a bite. Therefore, removing a tick should be a high priority once you experience the following symptoms:
- pain or swelling on bite site
- burning sensation on bite site
- difficulty breathing
These are just some basic allergic reactions to tick bites. However, the following symptoms might indicate something more that came with the bite:
- full body rash
- stiff neck
- lethargy and weakness
- muscle or joint pain
- swelling of lymph nodes
When you experience these symptoms, head to a certified medical professional as soon as you remove the ticks from your body.
How To Prevent Ticks
Ticks can be found worldwide. You might even bring some home from vacation. In the U.S., for example, the South, Midwest, and even California is home to many ticks. You will also find that your bug-out locations will host ticks as well. Tick-borne diseases are prevalent here, so be sure to take the following precautions before your trip:
- Stock DEET, permethrin, or picaridin
- Use light-colored protective clothing outdoors
- Tuck your pants into your socks
- Avoid known tick hotspots
- Check yourself (and your companions) for ticks daily, and remove asap.
Here is a video from the University of Manitoba that teaches you how to remove a tick:
Tick removal is a responsibility a survivalist should never ignore. These little critters can spread infection and tick-borne illnesses without a second thought – it’s just their nature. And it’s not just your pet that’s in danger. Therefore, make sure you keep alert for these little buggers. It may just save your life.
How do you take care of tick bites? Let us know in the comments section.
The best way to remove ticks is to keep them from getting on you in the first place. Check out these natural tick repellents that will stop ticks in their tracks, without all the harsh chemicals of store-bought sprays.
Last update on 2018-06-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API