Preparedness is a must when you travel. You’ll want to secure these items in your bag before heading out far from home.
Preparedness | These Items Make Your Travel More Secure
It’s that time of year. School is out, the weather’s great, and you and your family may be planning a fun trip.
Remember, disaster preparedness is not just about the end of the world. It’s wise to be prepared for everyday problems, especially when you’re away from home and your usual systems of support.
There are some basics that you probably already pack when you travel, such as extra clothes. But there are some other things you should take into consideration when you’re traveling (rather than bugging out), especially if you’re flying.
This is the time of year when families travel to visit friends and relatives near and far. When taking a road trip, it is easy to throw a bug-out bag and extra food and clothing into the trunk of your car but what if you are traveling by air?
Not only do you have those pesky baggage weight limits to deal with, but you also have the scrutiny and probing eyes (and sometimes hands) of the TSA to avoid.
Can you imagine what might happen if you showed up at the airport with a fully stocked disaster preparedness kit? I am being just a wee bit facetious but these days, you can never be too sure what will happen if someone decides to label you as a prepper.
TSA notwithstanding, today I would like to share a reminder that no matter where you go, you should include some basic preps in your carry-on or in your check-through luggage so that no matter what, you will be prepared to deal with bumps along your journey.
Here in list form, and in no particular order, is a list of 30 items every prepper should carry when traveling.
Survival Items You Should Carry When Traveling
- A wise traveler not only carries a passport, but also a photocopy of the passport and a scanned version on a laptop, CD, or flash drive.
- Your health insurance or Medicare card.
- Your driver’s license, proof of car insurance, and the 24-hour claim number for your insurance company.
Want to see the full article?
Making travel preparations is quite tedious especially if you only have little time to pack. Make a list in advance then remove items that are unnecessary depending on the nature of the trip.
You want to travel light like everyone else, but the items on this list will prepare you in the worst possibilities. Better be ready than sorry fellow survivalists.
Anything you can add to this list of items? Tell us about your own prepping tips in the comments section below!
- Making a Safe Travel Kit
- Preparedness Tips: Prepping For Travel
- Travel Safety Tips: Keep Your Family Safe in a Hotel Room
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on July 6, 2015, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.
- How To Fillet A Fish | Ways To Fillet Different Types Of Fish
- Building a Bug Out Bag: Big 6 New Prepper Mistakes [PODCAST]
- How To Make A War Hammer
- Survival Talks with Austin Lester and Kevin Estela: Lessons From Search and Rescue [PODCAST]
- Storm Safety Kit 101 | Everything You Need To Survive
- Danger Zone: 5 Ways to Get Out of a Dangerous Situation Alive [PODCAST]
- The Modern Economic Survival Mindset [PODCAST]
Do It Yourself2 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Self Sufficiency4 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still
Do It Yourself3 months ago
Knifemaking: Make A Knife From An Old Wrench
Do It Yourself7 months ago
82 Uses for Paracord That Will Surprise You
Alternative Energy2 months ago
DIY Solar-Powered Cellphone Charger