Survival is all about preparation, but there are some things that you just can’t prepare for.
If you get caught in a situation that you were just absolutely ill equipped to handle, the only thing that would save you is your innovation and adaptability under stress.
A few days ago, I posted an article on Facebook that posed a question…
If you were in a survival situation and found a Frisbee, how would you use it to your advantage?
I wanted to test you all and see just how creative you could get with something as simple as a plastic Frisbee…
After I posted the question I sat back and watched the comments roll in and I have to say you did not fail to impress me!
In fact, I wanted to share with you a few of the responses with you.
Here are my favorite uncommon, out of the box uses for a Frisbee…
10. Knock fruits out of trees
9. A weather vane
8. A shooting target
7. A makeshift paddle
6. A plate
5. A plate cover (to keep food warm and the bugs out)
Breaking News Alert: Facebook Is Suppressing Politically Conservative Content. Join PatriotPlanet.com Today and Let Your Voice Be Heard.
4. Fanning your fire
3. A mirror or reflector when lined with tin foil.
2. “If you catch yourself around feral hippies, you can easily distract them with the frisbee and make a break for it before any Phish starts playing.” (thanks @nick mackinaw, this one made me laugh!)
1. And my personal favorite is from @Mark Baca who uses it as a hunting tool. Read on:
“I use one for quail and pheasant when they tend to be runners rather than flushers. Once they run I throw it over and past them. They see the frisbee or the shadow and think it is a raptor (Hawk owl etc not the dinosaur ….lol) and they stop in place to hide from the “predator” giving me the chance to catch up and try to them and flush them (if hunting) or just shoot them on the ground.( survival situation).”
(Number 2 on the list actually made me laugh out loud!)
Again, survival is all about thinking on your feet and doing what ever is necessary with whatever you have on hand in order to make the best of a bad situation.
Have you ever used an item outside of it’s intended purpose to get something done?
Let me know below.
And don’t forget to like our Facebook page if you haven’t already!
Want to know more? Check out these related articles from our site:
- Are You Prepared? 2020 Winter Holiday Travel Prep Tips
- 37 Urban Survival Skills To Master Before SHTF
- 11 Uncommon Aluminum Foil Survival Uses
- Deer Hunting For Beginners: How To Get Started
- How To Prepare For Lockdown 2.0
- What To Prepare For In 2021: 4 Things To Prioritize
- 14 Rare Medical Preps Every Prepper Should Stock Up On NOW
Alternative Energy9 months ago
An Emergency Candle That Noah Would Be Proud Of
Do It Yourself2 months ago
82 Uses for Paracord That Will Surprise You
Do It Yourself9 months ago
A SHTF Plan For Your Pets | Bugging Out With Man’s Best Friend
Archives2 months ago
Hurricane Survival Tips: How to Survive Natural Disasters
Family9 months ago
You Asked For It: Nana’s Biscuits Recipe