If you’re ready to battle your way through stores during the Christmas rush, then these holiday shopping safety tips will help you prevent purse snatching and other forms of theft. Read on and follow these tips carefully to deter any thieves from stealing your valuables!
Holiday Shopping Safety Tips to Keep Valuables Safe
Nowadays, we cannot be too complacent and relaxed when we’re out shopping. Pickpockets and purse snatchers are always on the lookout for their next target, so we can never let our guard down. They move fast without making you realize your purse or bag is already gone. However, these holiday shopping safety tips should arm you with the know-how to discourage thieves from accomplishing their wicked plans.
1. If possible, leave your purse at home
Bring only items that you really need, such as ID and a bit of cash in your wallet. Place them safely in your pocket. You can also use a purse or a bag if you want to bring additional items like keys, phone or makeup, but do keep them hidden in plain sight.
2. Don’t carry any more cash or credit cards than needed
More often than not, bringing one credit card is enough. Make sure you have written the customer service number on a piece of paper or somewhere, so you can report it in the event your purse is stolen. I personally would add the customer service number into my cell. That said, it is better to keep your cellphone in your pocket and not in your purse while shopping.
3. Walk in busy, well-lit areas
Muggers and thieves are more likely to strike in dark and secluded areas. It would be better if you walk briskly and confidently in busier and well-lit areas. You might also want to consider bringing a friend with you when you go shopping this holiday season.
No. 8 will keep you appraised of the developing emergency in your area. 12 Survival Smartphone Apps | Preparedness https://t.co/ob9T292wF6
— Survival Life (@SurvivalLF) November 21, 2017
4. Be aware of the area around you
Awareness of your surroundings is one of the most important factors you need to consider when you’re out shopping. Take a good look at the faces and hands of people who might approach or pass through you. Most of these snatchers like to strike swiftly without being recognized. Do not appear to be vulnerable or exposed and make sure you can describe them if such incident occurs.
5. Hold your purse close to your body
Whether you’re on a bus, a train, or just walking/shopping – hold your bag securely and close to your body. You can also wear it under your jacket or coat and keep it unexposed. Be careful if you want to wear it diagonally on your body or wind the strap around the wrist because a solid pull on the strap can hurt you really bad.
6. Other safety tips when shopping this holiday season
Here are more tips to guarantee your safety during the holiday season. Being aware of your surroundings is indeed a great advantage to keep you far from harm’s way.
- Do not leave your purse in your shopping cart or on a counter – not even for a moment. Also, do not hang your purse in a stroller.
- Do not leave your belongings unattended on a table or chair beside you in a restaurant.
- Be fully aware of your surroundings all the time for most of these snatchers like to strike from behind.
- Consider making photocopies of the important things in your purse like a driver’s license and credit cards, and leave the copies in a secured place at home. So if your wallet or purse gets snatched or stolen, you’ll have records of important information.
- If you plan on carrying just a wallet, consider carrying a small wallet that fits easily in a pocket.
7. Record credit card assistance numbers
Record these numbers in your cell and in a safe place at home. Never record account numbers or other personal information in your cell in the event of your cell phone being stolen.
- MasterCard: 1-800-MC-ASSIST (622-7747)
- Visa: 1-800-VISA-911 (847-2911)
- American Express: 1-800-528-4800
- Discover: 1-800-DISCOVER (347-2683)
- PayPal: 1-888-221-1161
Breaking News Alert: Let’s face it Twitter and Facebook hate Conservatives. We need to ban together more than ever. Join PatriotPlanet.com Today and Let Your Voice Be Heard. We Will Not Suppress Your Political Content! Join Today!
Watch this video from VIPFinancialEd for more holiday shopping safety tips!
During the holiday season, thieves, con artists, and people with sinister intentions are roaming around the busy shopping malls and avenues looking for their next victims. We have to be more conscious of our surroundings and be more mindful of our belongings. Your carelessness and vulnerability are flashing go-signals for burglars, muggers, and pickpockets. So if you’re going shopping make sure to heed the tips above to be safe all the time. Shop safely!
Do you know other holiday safety tips in mind? We would definitely want to hear it from you. Share it with us in the comments below!
UP NEXT: Safe Driving Tips For Winter Travel
**Disclaimer: All content on this site is for informational purposes only. Please read our full disclaimer here**
- Why Preppers Need A Personal Alarm
- Importance Of Community [PODCAST]
- Blackout Preparedness For Beginners
- Spring Reflections On Your Homestead [PODCAST]
- How to Design and Create Your Own Emergency Car Kit
- 7 Top Features of the Best Emergency Radio
- Prepper Princess On The Prepping Academy Podcast [PODCAST]
Do It Yourself2 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Self Sufficiency3 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still
Do It Yourself2 months ago
Knifemaking: Make A Knife From An Old Wrench
Do It Yourself6 months ago
82 Uses for Paracord That Will Surprise You
Knife Reviews3 months ago
Survival Knives | Ultimate List