Summer is well underway, and hopefully, you’re out at your grill each night, enjoying the fresh air and cooking over open flames. To make sure you have a fulfilling grilling experience, these are the grill tools you must have in your arsenal.
Most Essential Grill Tools
Grilling is not just an American tradition; it’s one of the oldest ways to prepare food! And while all you really need is a fire and something to rotate your food with, there are some great grilling tools on the market that can make your life a lot easier.
Rather than risk burns, under- or over-cooked meats, or losing your food in the fire, we recommend picking up a few essentials that every Grill Master should have.
1. Chimney Starter
If you’re cooking over charcoal for that smoky flavor, pick up a chimney starter for the fastest and most even heating of your charcoal.
You don’t need lighter fluid, so you’ll skip the gasoline taste that amateur grillers may be accustomed to.
2. Grill Brush
- 【More than 7x faster cleaning】– with stronger grill scraper, quickly and effortlessly push stubborn debris off your...
- 【360° implanted stiff bristles - easy thorough cleaning】– Compared with bristles arranged vertically, facing...
- 【All stainless-steel, rust resistant & won’t melt】– Except the handle, this whole grill brush and scraper is made of...
Keeping your grill clean is key for delivering beautifully seared and intact food to the table, and a grill brush will help you achieve both.
Be sure to start with clean grates so that you get clear grill marks and your food comes up in one piece.
3. Sturdy Tongs
Resist the urge to stab your meats – tongs are best for turning! You want to avoid puncturing the meat and letting the juices run out.
You’ll want stainless steel and at least 16” long to give you some space from the flames.
- INSTANT 10% SAVINGS ON PURCHASE OF 2 OR MORE *** SUPER HEAVY DUTY bbq grill spatula - We use 20% thicker stainless steel...
- SPATULA BOTTLE OPENER FOR TAILGATING - serrated edge for cutting food, contoured tip for easily flipping meat, oversized face...
- DISHWASHER SAFE FOR EASY CLEANUP - Extra Wide Hanging Hook with Leather Strap fits on any grill tools holder including Weber...
For times when tongs are not your top choice, like with fish fillets that can easily fall apart, reach for a spatula.
You’ll want one that’s stainless steel and a bit bigger than your usual kitchen spatula.
5. Meat Thermometer
View this post on Instagram
Don’t be an amateur and cut into your meat to assess if it’s done! Picking up a meat thermometer will give you an accurate reading while keeping your meat intact. Be sure to insert the probe into the side of burgers and steaks for the most accurate reading.
Barbecuing and grilling are not the same. Grilling is about cooking hot and fast, so having a thermometer really comes in handy.
6. Grill Gloves
Grilling requires handling a lot of heat, so protect your hands (and arms). Leather or suede gloves are best, especially if they extend up your forearms.
Your grill is great for more than just steaks and chicken breasts, and hopefully, you’re branching out into grilling vegetables and fruit, as well.
Small and fragile meats like shrimp and fish also benefit from grill baskets and grill mats – where you protect your food from falling between the grates. Don’t lose a tomato or asparagus stalk again!
8. Metal Skewers
Kebabs are ready-to-eat meals on a stick, perfectly portioned for each person at your BBQ – so be sure to pick up some skewers for your next grill session.
9. Grill Hoe
- Arrange hot coals while keeping a safe distance
- Blade is positioned at 115 degrees to for more Effectiveness
- Stainless steel
Again, for the charcoal grillers out there, do yourself a favor and pick up a grill hoe for raking the coals. You’ll want to leave a spot without charcoal on your grill to give your meat a place to rest, and you can move things around for indirect grilling, too.
Once you’ve got your grill tools in place, you can become the Grill Master you’ve always aspired to be!
To pick up several of these essentials in one swoop, go here!
If you have one special tip for all aspiring grill masters out there, what would that be? Let us know in the comments section!
Last update on 2021-06-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Survival Fitness & Nutrition – How Fitness Affects Survival [PODCAST]
- Top 25 Car Camping Essentials
- RVing and Prepping – Something to Think About
- Basic Survival Food Storage On a Budget
- Merchants of the Wild [PODCAST]
- Easy Camping Meals to Make Camp Cooking an Unforgettable Experience
- Mike Glover talks with Tony Blauer about the SPEAR System and Improving Preparedness [PODCAST]
Camping2 weeks ago
21 Savory Campfire Recipes For Delicious Meals Outdoors
Camping6 days ago
26 Badass Camping Hacks For Your Next Trip
Homemade Survival Equipment1 month ago
8 Unusual Booby Traps To Protect Your Home
Do It Yourself4 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Self Sufficiency5 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still