Wondering what supplies you should include on your bug out bag list? This tutorial narrows it down to just 12 items, so you’ll be prepared in any survival situation without being weighed down.
12 Essential Items for Your Bug Out Bag List
A well-prepared bug out bag is an absolute necessity for any great survivalist. But when it comes to your supply list, the possibilities are endless. So how do you narrow it down to just the essentials?
Luckily, we’ve compiled a list of 12 must-have items that are crucial to any bug out bag list. Don’t let the short list fool you – these items all serve many functions, so your bag stays lightweight while you stay prepared.
Check out the list below, and be sure to leave your own ideas in the comments!
An excellent tool for signaling for help or warding off danger. We recommend packing one with a built-in compass.
Not just for protecting your face! Pack a few of these in your bag for a quick bandage, makeshift carrying bag, or emergency signaling device (bright colors are best).
It may seem obvious, but a well-chosen survival knife is crucial in an emergency situation.
- TITANIUM COATED RAZOR SHARP STEEL - Like other Hoffman Richter knives, the Talon uses high-quality 440C Steel, for a perfect...
- PIERCING 5.5" LONG FULL TANG TANTO BLADE - This rugged 3/16" thick blade is the ultimate combination of balance & power, with...
- PARACORD LASHING SYSTEM & GROOVED GRIP FOR IMPROVED HANDLING - Secured with aircraft-grade torx bolts, the Talon's beveled...
I’ve seen lighters that are stormproof and windproof, but no need to get fancy. We recommend packing one that is small and waterproof.
From fire tinder to first aid, tampons are surprisingly versatile. Check out this previous article for additional survival uses.
6. Duct Tape
A must-have for survivalists of all skill sets. Duct tape is great for almost everything: repairing shelter, wrapping injuries, adding insulation – you can even create a fishing spear by duct-taping your knife to a long pole. Check out this previous article for more ideas in duct tape innovation.
- Easily tape anything with our multi-purpose duct tape with strong rubber adhesive and thick 7.3mil design. Our thicker tape...
- Our 3 large 3 roll value pack is perfect for large jobs or a long lastly supply for your tool box with our large 60 yard roll...
- Quickly fix anything around the house with our duct tape with easy tear by hand design with waterproof adhesive that will...
A good quality tarp makes an excellent emergency shelter. Not only is a tarp more lightweight than any other type of shelter, but it can also endure extreme weather conditions. (Pro tip: Opt for a tarp with grommet holes for even more versatility.)
- Multi-purpose for a variety of uses
- Durable rip-stop polyethylene laminated on both sides, Double reinforced corners
- Heavy duty rust resistant grommets, Rope reinforced edges, 3.5 ml thickness, 8 x 8 weave construction
Hammocks are lightweight and super durable – plus they’re also surprisingly comfortable. Check out these hammock reviews to choose one that’s best for you.
- Military Style Jungle Hammock OD Camping Easy Setup Elevated Shelter w/ Roof
9. Garbage Bag
Garbage bags are not only inexpensive, but they’re also incredibly durable. Pack a few in your bag for a makeshift fly screen, backup shelter, or bandage protection – and check out this list for even more ideas.
10. Zip Tie
Don’t be fooled by their small size – these zip ties pack a lot of punch. Use them to create makeshift hand restraints, trailmarkers, and weapons. And be sure to check out this previous article to learn how to escape a zip tie restraint.
- 【Strong and Durable】 Nylon Zip Ties field tested to support up to 60 pounds of weight with a patented Ratchet-Lock head...
- 【Premium Quality】 Made of industrial strength 6/6 nylon, Laishuo cable ties can be very flexible with high temperature...
- 【Self-locking Design】 With cable zip, cables can be tied tightly. Wire ties designed for indoor use with rounded edges...
An absolute necessity for great preppers. Paracord is not only extremely versatile, but it can also withstand much more weight than rope.
The multitool is small and discreet, but it’s also extremely powerful. The Hoffman Richter HR100 mini-tool is the ideal tool for any survival situation – it’s like carrying an entire tool kit in your pocket.
EDITOR’S DEAL: SELF-SUFFICIENCY AND PREPAREDNESS FAMILY BUNDLE
Check out the video below to see how it’s done – and be sure to leave your own bug out bag survival tips in the comments!
Want more ideas for your bug out bag? Check out the posts below!
Last update on 2021-09-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Cooking4 months ago
21 Savory Campfire Recipes For Delicious Meals Outdoors
Camping3 months ago
26 Badass Camping Hacks For Your Next Trip
Security5 months ago
8 Unusual Booby Traps To Protect Your Home
Do It Yourself7 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Water Purification8 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still