Your emergency preparedness bug out plans probably involve jumping in your car to get far away from the emerging threat.
This likely means that after you load up the car with your survival kits and bug out bags, you’ll be hitting some back roads to get to a safer location.
Emergency Preparedness Car Tips
Off road travel can be rough on your vehicle, so we’ve made a list of life hacks to keep the wear and tear to a minimum.
Learn these tips to keep you bug out vehicle in top shape no matter how far off the grid you go when the SHTF.
1. Extreme weather can make it difficult to get in your car.
De-ice your frozen lock using a little hand sanitizer. It will melt the ice away and you’ll be back in your car in no time.
2. You bug out vehicle is probably going to have to go through a lot.
Bugs, mud, grime, and other things that get stuck to your wind shield can be hard to remove. Use a razor blade to scrape the stuck on gunk right off.
3. Cracks in your windshield are a common problem when you’re traveling off road.
They can block your view while driving and be downright annoying. Use clear nail polish to minimize the look of existing scratches and keep them from spreading.
4. Dents are another side-effect of having to take your car off road for a bug out.
Remove them with a plunger for a quick and easy repair.
5. If your keys get stuck on a stubborn or rusted key ring, use a staple remover to pry it open and release your keys.
6. Murky headlights can be a hazard when driving in extreme conditions.
Use toothpaste to brighten them back up and make your drive safer.
7. Keep yourself organized when you bug out by installing a mesh bungee in the back of your vehicle as a clothes rack and organizer for all of your survival gear.
8. Keep your bug out vehicle in top condition by hanging a tennis ball to help you with parking.
You won’t damage your wall or car with this easy tip.
(Infographic via autosmug)
Want more life hacks? Check out these posts:
Like this post?
Be sure to like us on Facebook so you can be the first to know about latest survival tips and off the grid living skills.