Outdoor Cooking Rocks!
In order to cook outdoors, you don’t need a fancy camping stove, grill or griddle. You don’t even need basic cooking tools like a frying pan.
Of course, having those things helps to make outdoor cooking more convenient and more like the cooking we’re used to… but the truth is, you can cook a fantastic outdoor meal with just a fire and some rocks.
The video below from Outdoor Life on YouTube shows you how to use rocks as an outdoor cooking surface.
How Can Food be Cooked on a Rock?
1. Get an ample-sized, flat rock from a dry location.
2. Keep the heat on it as consistent and steady as you can.
3. Use a bit of water to see if your rock is hot enough to cook on.
4. Stick to naturally oiled foodstuff for easier cooking.
5. Make sure to time your cooking.
Want to learn more? Check out these related articles from our website: