A lot of us think about building a survival kits for our family and others, but what about building a survival kit for your pet(s)? If you have a pet at home, then having a survival kit for them is necessary. We want to make sure our loved pets have what’s needed to survive.
Hopefully, you will never have to put your survival kit to use, but when you have to get going quickly and hide or escape a situation, then having a survival kit ready for you and your pet is crucial.
The first thing you want to consider is food rations for your pets. You may be wondering what other things should you consider when building a survival kit for your pet(s)? Here’s a quick summary of what you should pack in your pet survival kit:
- Food (be sure to have enough food for 1 to 2 weeks)
- Bottled Water
- Food and Water Bowls
- Waste Disposal System (this is really important for cats)
- Flea and Tick Treatment
- Collars, Leashes and Pet Carriers
- Pictures of Your Pets (for finding lost pets)
- Your Pet(s) Medical Paperwork
Anything Else Needed When Building a Survival Kit For Your Pet(s)?
We suggest having a first aid kit, not only for you, but also for your pet(s). We may remember to pack some bandaids and things for us, but our pet(s) may need bandages and other medical supplies too. You want to be prepared for any situation that may arise.
If you have a variety of pets in your home, then don’t forget to make sure you have the right food and supplies for each pet. Each pet you have may have different needs.
You want to make sure that not only your pet survival kit is stocked, but also make sure that you are able to carry or transport those survival kits. If you’re walking, then you need to consider the weight of supplies and then decide what you may really need. You want to keep all the energy you can if stuck walking in your survival situation.
During an emergency situation it is easy to forget about our pet(s), but by having a survival kit for your pet(s) ready to go, you will be able to save time when need to move and possibly save your pet’s life by being prepared. Do you have a survival kit for your pet already? If so, then comment below and let us know what you have in your kit.
- What Is An Emergency Kit?
- How To Fillet A Fish | Ways To Fillet Different Types Of Fish
- Building a Bug Out Bag: Big 6 New Prepper Mistakes [PODCAST]
- How To Make A War Hammer
- Survival Talks with Austin Lester and Kevin Estela: Lessons From Search and Rescue [PODCAST]
- Storm Safety Kit 101 | Everything You Need To Survive
- Danger Zone: 5 Ways to Get Out of a Dangerous Situation Alive [PODCAST]
Do It Yourself3 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Self Sufficiency4 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still
Do It Yourself3 months ago
Knifemaking: Make A Knife From An Old Wrench
Do It Yourself7 months ago
82 Uses for Paracord That Will Surprise You
Alternative Energy2 months ago
DIY Solar-Powered Cellphone Charger