You’re stranded. You’re stuck in the woods, desert or mountains. You know you need to find water, but do you know how many ways that helps you?
Water at times can lead you straight to help. If you think about it, you’ll realize that most cities or towns are located by at least one body of water.
Plus, water can be used for hydration, cleaning, food sources, help with hypothermia and may even be your next ride out of a survival situation. Speaking of hydration, how much water does our body need to survive? Here are the rules to follow:
- 2 liters of water per day when at rest
- An additional 2 liters per hour when exercising or participating in other strenuous activity
- Finding bodies of water should be your first focus in a survival situation.
3 Quick Steps to Consider
1. Go Downhill
Water naturally flows downhill.
2. Follow The Plants
Plants are only able to grow in regions where there is enough water to sustain them. If you are in the desert-like region, then look for areas that have some sort of plant life.
If you’re stuck in the woods, try looking for trees such as willows and alders. These types of trees frequently need large amounts of water and often found by rivers and streams.
In more heavily wooded areas, following the animals can give you a fairly good chance of finding bodies of water in the wild as well. They need to drink too.
Here are interesting facts:
- Even insects can help you. If you see a hive of bees, this time don’t run because this means you’re usually only within 3-4 miles of water.
- If you see finches in a colony, then chances are you are near a small creek or hidden spring.
These tips will keep you ahead of the survival game when that time comes. Just remember if you plan to drink the water you found, start a campfire so you can boil the water to keep it sanitary.
Have you been in a survival situation where you needed to find bodies of water. What happened and what did you do to find water?
- Hurricane Preparedness with Crown Weather [PODCAST]
- 050 Bug Out Locations – A Preppers Paradise [PODCAST]
- 25 Ways To Get Clean Drinking Water In An Emergency
- 049 Prepper Teens – Give them a Freakin Job Already [PODCAST]
- List of Things NOT To Do When SHTF | Prepping for SHTF
- 051 World’s End Apothecary – The Doc is In [PODCAST]
- Staying Cool in The Summer While Hunting in The Woods
Camping2 months ago
21 Savory Campfire Recipes For Delicious Meals Outdoors
Camping2 months ago
26 Badass Camping Hacks For Your Next Trip
Homemade Survival Equipment3 months ago
8 Unusual Booby Traps To Protect Your Home
Do It Yourself5 months ago
15 Homemade Weapons That Are REALLY Badass [2nd Edition] | Survival Life
Self Sufficiency7 months ago
How To Make A Moonshine Still