I do a lot of work with my hands, which means I have had my fair share of scrapes and cuts.
It doesn’t matter if you spend your day typing or rebuilding engines, even the smallest cut on a finger or knuckle can be a huge pain.
Most of you may remember a few months ago, I wrote a review on the Gerber Suspension Multi-tool, and I learned really quickly just how sharp the knife blade was on it.
It wasn’t until the blood had reached my elbow that I realized I had even cut myself.
I had actually flayed my fingertip to the bone and it was not pretty.
It took a good half hour before the bleeding stopped.
The next day I realized that a bandage just was not going to cut it.
There is no functional way to keep a bandage on a fingertip.
Thankfully, I keep a bottle of liquid bandage in my desk for just such an occasion.
If you have never used this stuff before let me warn you, It burns… terribly
But that 30 seconds of burning is well worth it when you add up the benefits.
Benefits of a liquid bandage:
• Protects cuts from dirt and other germs that the abrasion can otherwise be exposed to
• Seals the area which will prevent the skin from being “rubbed” open during daily activities
• Most liquid bandages include an antiseptic, so you do not have to worry about using other creams to prevent infections
• Some liquid bandages provide an added pain reliever to sooth a painful cut
• They are completely water-proof, meaning that you can actually wash your hands without having to replace a bandage. They are a much better option if you are planning to swim, or be around water in general
• Liquid bandages are perfect for areas that are hard to cover with traditional bandages because of the angles, or range of movement that is required for those areas
• They are breathable, so the seal will still allow the cut to heal
It took more than a week to fully heal but when it did, I barely had a scar left to show for it.
This stuff is cheap and a small bottle goes a long way, I can’t stress enough that you should keep this in any first aid kit.
Paracord Projects7 months ago
Paracord Projects | 36 Cool Paracord Ideas For Your Paracord Survival Projects
Survival Skills7 months ago
377 Survival Hacks You Should Learn in 2022 | Your Ultimate Survival Life Hacks Guide
Natural Disasters10 months ago
Flood Survival Tips | How To Survive Before, During, And After A Flood
Fishing, Hunting, & Trapping6 months ago
Squirrel Snare | How to Make a Snare Trap Step By Step
Personal Safety6 months ago
Invasion Survival Kit | How to Survive a Home Invasion